Elements 3: Image preview not working for larger images in catalog…

G
Posted By
Garry
Mar 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI there,

I’m posting on behalf of my father who is scanning loads of old slides into PSE3 via a new Epson V700 scanner. Although it wouldn’t bother me, he lieks the catalog feature of this software where he can quickly browse through his scans. Problem is the thumbnails are not appearing in the catalog if the scans are large, ie scanned at the maximum resolution of 12000, even though the resultant image size is only about 2 & 1/2 megs. When you go to File/Get photos/From files and folders/ and then select the appropriate image, there is no preview but only the image of a grey egg-timer….which never changes. Going through different images it would appear that this preview function stops working after images get larger than about 4400 x 2900
[approx].
Is he stuck with this or is it possible to view the larger scans, which in the image preview show at about 7000 x 5000
I’ve looked through the prefernces but nothing seems to have any affect.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Garry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections