BS
Posted By
Bill_Scheerer
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I find the "Fill Flash" feature very useful. I was using it extensively when editing shots from a recent trip, and it was working beautifully. However, after using the "Adjust Backlighting" feature (both reached through Enhance > Adjust Lighting), invoking "Fill Flash" leads to a gray, washed out image from the first minute adjustment of the "Lighter" bar. The images work well on a backup PC. The following (tried in succession) did NOT repair the problem:
– restarting Photoshop Elements 2
– restarting Windows XP and then Photoshop Elements 2
– installing Photoshop Elements 2 over itself
– uninstalling and then reinstalling Photoshop Elements 2

How can I get this feature working again?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 23, 2004
first thing to try is delete the prefs file

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Unistalling and reinstalling Elements does not delete the prefs file.

Let us know how you go on.

Wendy
BS
Bill_Scheerer
Jun 24, 2004
Nothing happens when I press Start and then quickly depress Ctrl-Alt-Shift. I did a search of the files with Pref in the name and found a goodly number. One was Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\Elements\Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs. Is this the file to delete? Does the program then recreate it?

Thanks.
PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 24, 2004
Click to open Elements and immediately hold down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys. When asked if you want to delete the settings, say yes. This is the standard procedure for resetting Elements to its default preferences.

Patti
BS
Bill_Scheerer
Jun 24, 2004
Patti:

That did it! Thanks very much.

Bill
PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 24, 2004
You’re welcome, Bill. Glad it worked this time.

Patti

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections