JM
Posted By
Joe_Meo
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The 3 buttons Fill, Stroke, and Crop, which are grouped together on the standard toolbar, do not work when clicked. I have had this problem in every version after 5.5 (not positive about 7.0 though). They work fine from the pull-down menus. It is extremely irritating. Anybody?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
May 13, 2004
Joe,

Are you talking about Extensis PhotoBars? Photoshop doesn’t have a ‘Top’ toolbar, and ‘Stroke’ is not a Photoshop tool.

If that’s what you ARE talking about see:

<http://www.jazzdiver.com/photoshop/pbars_main.htm>
JM
Joe_Meo
May 14, 2004
No, not Extensis. The shortcut buttons on the toolbar that, when undocked from the top of the screen says ‘Standard Top’, and the three buttons on it that don’t work are shortcuts to:

Edit–> Fill
Edit–> Stroke
Image–> Crop

It also has the image size button, the canvas size button, etc. Is this clearer?
CC
Chris_Cox
May 14, 2004
Again – Photoshop has no button bar, nor anything that says "Standard Top".

Since Photoshop has no such buttons: no, it’s not clear.
H
heathrowe
May 14, 2004
Joe you must be referring to another program or a plugin module.

U-n-l-e-s-s, you just reveled Chris’ secret menu bar- he he

heathrowe
JM
Joe_Meo
May 14, 2004
OK – look at this screen shot, and tell me what you see.

<http://www.geocities.com/roominsunrise/adobe.jpg>
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 14, 2004
Yep, that’s add on toolbar, Extensis PhotoTools, best I remember from a long ago version I had.

Mac
B
BobLevine
May 14, 2004
Yup, and if it’s an older version it certainly won’t work correctly with PS 7.

Bob
JM
Joe_Meo
May 14, 2004
Oh, you know what, I just realized you’re right. Jeez, did I just never realize that it wasn’t there right after install? Well, sorry to waste your time guys! My apologies. Been using Phototools for like 8 years and I never realized I had a customizable toolbar up there. That’s cool. But man I feel like a d-bag. Thanks for your help!
DM
dave_milbut
May 14, 2004
go back and see post #1!
L
LenHewitt
May 14, 2004
Nobody reads Post #1, let alone goes back to it! <g>
B
BobLevine
May 14, 2004
Tis sad but true. Shouldn’t we just start at post 2?

Bob
RK
Ronald_Keller
May 15, 2004
Joe,

You must adjust those buttons to make them work when switching to another version of Photoshop. The buttons are linked to menus so when the menus change they no longer can find the right one.

To adjust a button:
* first make sure the toolbar is not docked (drag it off so it becomes a floating bar – you can redock it when finished)
* Ctrl + Alt + double_click a button
* Adjust the settings in Menu, Submenu and Item: be aware that menus start with number 0 and separators also count as an item, also when there is no Submenu use "-1")
* click OK

Example for Cropping in Photoshop 7:
Menu = 2, Submenu = -1, Item = 11

Example for Cropping in Photoshop Cs
Menu = 2, Submenu = -1, Item = 12

Greetings from Belgium

Ronald

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections