SD
Posted By
Steve_Davis
Sep 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop was working yesterday, but now I’m getting this message: "Adobe Photoshop has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop and still get the same message.

DELL XPS 420
Windows Vista Home Premium.
3GB RAM
Adobe CS3 Design Premium

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 2, 2008
reset the prefrences steve.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
M
marythao
Sep 16, 2008
I have the same problem. The think is, I did that a couple of times and still getting the same message.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Sep 17, 2008
Google

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

and see what you find.
RH
rob_hindle
Feb 9, 2009
I have the same problem. A Vista machine that’s been running CS3 for several months now gives that useless error message for PS and with DW it just does nothing. I didn’t spend a load of money on a product only to find I’m locked out for no reason and just wasted 2 hours uninstalling and reinstalling only to find the same problem.
This machine is used for little other than web design, no new products added recently, possible Microsoft Vista patches and Kaspersky AV updates. Closing Kaspersky makes no difference.
CY
curt_young
Feb 9, 2009
You have to reset the preference if it worked before and does not now. Lots of posts on how to do it and also instructions in knowledgebase.

If you have an error in the preferences file, you will still have it after a uninstall and reinstall.
JM
Jay_Mail
Feb 13, 2009
Hi, experiencing exactly the same problem.

Tried resetting preferences (renamded to old) and works initially to open and close CS3, however as soon as you work on a photo or change any settings problem comes back. Tried resetting preferences 6 times now, still the same.

Computer is a brand new HP, using Vista 64bit, 4GB Ram, triple core Athlon processor so should be able to run OK I think.
Was a clean install of Creative Suite, not a download trial.

Any clues please?

Jay

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections