Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Mac OSX 10.4.11, 1.8GHz PowerPC G5, 2GB
Lightroom 1.4.1
Photoshop 10.0.1
Hello:
I’ve been importing raw files into Lightroom and saving onto an external drive (MyBook). Somehow, though I started out with one lrcat, and only created one additional catalog (still regretting that decision) I now have MULTIPLE lrcats – and when I open Lightroom to process photos, I often have to spend quite a while looking for the catalog the images I want to process are in. This has become a nightmare. I’m at the point where I’m considering buying a new computer, but with new versions of Lightroom and Photoshop available, it complicates this matter even more. It seems as though a new lrcat is saving PER processing session…if that makes sense. I’m not sure why this is happening – but I’d like to have ONE catalog – subfolders (months within a year folder, for example), but not one lrcat per day! Does anyone know how to remedy this?! Help!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Oct 20, 2008
Cindy,

This sounds like a question for the Lightroom forum across the street.
CL
Cindy_Louwho
Oct 20, 2008
Hi Ramon:

I’m sorry – I don’t know what the means.

Cindy
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 20, 2008
Cindy,

With these forums organized to be product-specific, it’s just a way of saying you would get better responses posting in the appropriate forum. So, please post your detailed question here: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc2cf0a> where the Lightroom pros hang out. Thanks.

Neil
R
Ram
Oct 20, 2008
Cindy,

That was my way of cheerfully letting you know you’re in the wrong forum here. 😉

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections