Posted By
r.hartley
Sep 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All.

I have a laser microscope which takes accurate slices through tissue and displays as a series of z-sections. I can open the file in photoshop using the biorad confocal import filter. However, the import filter takes the one 3D file and converts it to eg. 30 single images. I want to correct the chromatic abberatuion in the files (due to the different wavelengths of each laser, there are 4 in the microscope.) This would be easier if there was a method of encapsulating all the images into one pseudo-movie file. I have found a good filter for this and it is only 200dollars

Is there a way to display the images in one file,

This is a bit like opening 30 images in photoshop and you see them all stacked one on top of each other. They are individual files though. I would like to have all the images in the one file and have only the first visible and then scroll throught the images as if you were flicking through a book. If you knwo what I mean.

Cheers
bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AO
Anguished_Oink
Sep 13, 2003
Dont think you can easily do what your after in PS from what you have discribed.

I would like to have all the images in the one file and have only the first visible and then scroll throught the images as if you were flicking through a book

The closest thing to this would be having an image with 30 layers each layer being one of your single images.
It would be a pain to have to create this every time you work on a new file unless you created a batch or droplet to open each image and cut/paste on new canvas to easily get your file with 30 layers( Just a thought).

Have you looked to see if there is some software that would handle these ‘biorad confocal’ files better than photoshop?
Mabye check-out http://www.biomed2.man.ac.uk/ireland/confocal_software.htm

Gook Luck!
Cheers

"Bob Hartley" wrote in message
Hi All.

I have a laser microscope which takes accurate slices through tissue and displays as a series of z-sections. I can open the file in photoshop using the biorad confocal import filter. However, the import filter takes the one 3D file and converts it to eg. 30 single images. I want to correct the chromatic abberatuion in the files (due to the different wavelengths of each laser, there are 4 in the microscope.) This would be easier if there was a method of encapsulating all the images into one pseudo-movie file. I have found a good filter for this and it is only 200dollars

Is there a way to display the images in one file,

This is a bit like opening 30 images in photoshop and you see them all stacked one on top of each other. They are individual files though. I would like to have all the images in the one file and have only the first visible and then scroll throught the images as if you were flicking through a book. If you knwo what I mean.

Cheers
bob
RH
r.hartley
Sep 17, 2003
"Anguished_Oink" …
Hi there

Have you looked to see if there is some software that would handle these ‘biorad confocal’ files better than photoshop?
Mabye check-out http://www.biomed2.man.ac.uk/ireland/confocal_software.htm

I actually have some top apps on my machine that reads the files.

Metamorph http://www.universal-imaging.com/products/metamorph/ Neurolucida www.microbrghtfield.com
AMIRA www.tgs.com

I also have the freebie ImageJ and Confocal assistant and Imagetool.

All are great for things but they cannot correct the (non-centred) abberation. In addition I use PS for montqgeing and the fileter for correction is great for non-planar warping (fisheye)

Looks like I’ll have to get my mate to write a plugin for all.

Where do you get the PS SDK these days? I cant find it.

cheers
Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections