Creating an action to flatten and save multiple layers of a file?

JJ
Posted By
Jaco_J_Cloete
Oct 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Problem with naming of files when exporting layers as files. When I export layers as files (jpeg) with Photoshop CS for Macintosh I have a problem with the names of the files. I will name my layers exactly as I want them to appear in my finder. This is important when I save castmembers for Flash animations or Director. I will for example name my layers "picture1", "picture2", "picture3" and so on till "picture10". I will make sure that the prefix box is empty before I press run. After completion of the script my file names will look like this. "_0000_picture1.jpg", "_0001_picture2.jpg", "_0002_picture3.jpg" etc. I then have to manualy go and rename every file to get rid of the layer number part of the name.

I suppose this is because of a Photoshop preference that is part of the application defaults. Can I do something to get rid of this? Please help!

Regards Jaco

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

ML
Mark_Larsen
Oct 17, 2006
Steve, are you happy to try this using an AppleScript?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections