How can I get photoshop to bring up multiple files at once?

J
Posted By
JimO
Sep 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t get PS CS2 to open multiple files at once from either Photo Mechanic or windows explorer. Even though I open several, only one shows up when Photoshop opens. It will open up multiple files within the program.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jaSPAMc
Sep 14, 2007
"JimO" found these unused words:

I can’t get PS CS2 to open multiple files at once from either Photo Mechanic or windows explorer. Even though I open several, only one shows up when Photoshop opens. It will open up multiple files within the program.
You should be able to highlight and drag multiple files onto the desktop Icon (IF PS ian’t already running). You can also drg them onto the PS workspace,

IF you drag them onto the PS ‘bar’ (base of winblows) then only the first file will open.
J
Jerry
Sep 15, 2007
I went through this also, and now I forgot which tool to click but it is on the bottom of the tool bar. When clicked, it will show all the images that are open at one time in PS. Sorry I can’t specific as I am not near the pc that has PS on it.

"JimO" wrote in message
TC
tony cooper
Sep 15, 2007
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:43:05 -0400, "Jerry"
wrote:

I went through this also, and now I forgot which tool to click but it is on the bottom of the tool bar. When clicked, it will show all the images that are open at one time in PS. Sorry I can’t specific as I am not near the pc that has PS on it.

If I wanted to view all open files on one screen, I’d click Windows>Documents>Tile

"JimO" wrote in message

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
S
samandjanet
Sep 15, 2007
JimO wrote:

restoration of old photos is my line of work.
You can view samples of my past work here
http://flickr.com/photos/photo_restoration_by_sam/

If you’re interested, drop me a line on "samandjanet *at* knox33.orangehome.co.uk"
J
jaSPAMc
Sep 15, 2007
"Fat Sam" found these unused words:

JimO wrote:

If you’re interested, drop me a line on "samandjanet *at* knox33.orangehome.co.uk"
…. and this SPAM helps the OP with his query … HOW???
R
Rob
Sep 15, 2007
Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

JimO wrote:

… and this SPAM helps the OP with his query … HOW???

May have been the incorrect thread to which they replied.

"How best to search for the best photo restoration shops ?"
TC
tony cooper
Sep 15, 2007
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:39:33 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

JimO wrote:

Fat Sam missed by *this* much (he said in a Maxwell Smart voice). The reply should have been posted in the thread right above this (on my reader) entitled "How Best to Search for the Best
Photorestoration…". Not spam in that thread at all.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
S
samandjanet
Sep 15, 2007
tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:39:33 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

"Fat Sam" found these unused
words:

JimO wrote:

Fat Sam missed by *this* much (he said in a Maxwell Smart voice). The reply should have been posted in the thread right above this (on my reader) entitled "How Best to Search for the Best
Photorestoration…". Not spam in that thread at all.

You’re right.
I replied to the wrong message.
My apologies to all who lost sleep as a result of my faux-pas.
G
garypoyssick
Sep 15, 2007
If you Command (Mac) or Shift (Win) click a number of files, and then drag them onto the PS icon — they’ll all open, trust us. Whether you’re seeing them all at once is another issue — the guy who said to tile them is right.

Look at the Window menu; at the bottom, under the names of all the panels, you’ll see the names of the files that are open. It can be dozens and you wouldn’t see them if any of the full screen view options are being used. This represents 3 out of 4 possible views, so it’s not surprising you don’t see them.

Gary in tampa

And thanks for asking questions up here; that’s what we’re here for…

On 9/15/07 9:29 AM, in article ,
"tony cooper" wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:43:05 -0400, "Jerry"
wrote:

If I wanted to view all open files on one screen, I’d click Windows>Documents>Tile

"JimO" wrote in message

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections