Posted By
Mac_McDougald
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
USE TEXT TOOL TO PUT WORDS ON A PIC.

OR USE CANVAS SIZE TO ADD SOME AREA TO TYPE INTO BELOW THE PICURE.

mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GM
GERALD_MAISEL
Apr 30, 2004
USING PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2.0, WINDOWS XP, DELL DIMENSION XPS B 866, 256MB RAM, 45GB HD.

HOW DO I ADD A CAPTION UPON A JPG PHOTOFILE (VARIOUS FONTS, COLOR, POSITION)?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 30, 2004
Gerald,,

As Mac said you can either use the Text Tool and type directly onto the photograph or you can use Image>Resize>Canvas Size to add a border to your photo … you will then be able to use the Text tool to add type in the border…

Try it out but if you have problems then just ask more questions … but please take off your Caps Lock before you type (Typing everything in Capitals is considered to be sort of like shouting) 🙂

Wendy
GM
GERALD_MAISEL
Apr 30, 2004
MAC:
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ON THE USE OF THE TEXT TOOL
JERRY MAISEL
GM
GERALD_MAISEL
Apr 30, 2004
Wendy (Reply #3 0f 3)
Thanks for the advice………I had no need to SHOUT!
Jerry Maisel
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 30, 2004
Please take Wendy’s advice also.

Mac
PM
phillip_meria
May 9, 2004
Hi, to all!

Is your proposed solution a work around a PE2 problem with the ‘Adding file information’ function? I can enter the file info into the dialog box but it does not appear in print-preview or in a hard copy printout even though I have clicked on CAPTION.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 9, 2004
Works for me.
It only prints the part in the General/Caption field.

Note that if your pic is already at the limit of your paper size, there of course isn’t room for it; it will not size the pic down to make room for the caption.

Mac
PM
phillip_meria
May 10, 2004
MAC:

I mis-understood the ‘adding file info’ function. I thought it would print everything entered into the File Info dialogue box.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections