OP
Posted By
oz_photography
Jan 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have found that both in Photoshop CS2 and Dreamweaver 2004 that are files are opened in a window in reverse order.

Outside of these 2 apps all files are listed in proper order.

This has been driving me crazy, anybody know whats going on?

I spoke to adobe tech support today and they said it was a windows thing but as I have said files are in proper order outside of these 2 Adobe apps!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MT
mark.thomas.7
Jan 3, 2007
wrote:
I have found that both in Photoshop CS2 and Dreamweaver 2004 that are files are opened in a window in reverse order.

Outside of these 2 apps all files are listed in proper order.
This has been driving me crazy, anybody know whats going on?
I spoke to adobe tech support today and they said it was a windows thing but as I have said files are in proper order outside of these 2 Adobe apps!

If I’m reading you right, all you need to do is:

1. Call up the File Open dialog box.

2. Change the view to Details

3. Click on the little triangle just to the right of the Name column heading, and it will change from forward to reverse order. Leave it how you want it, and click it back to thumbnail view or whatever you want.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 3, 2007
files are opened in a window in reverse order.

Depends on what you mean by reverse order. As each file is opened, it goes to the back, although I have noticed that one seems to jump to the front at the end. Is this what you mean?
OP
oz_photography
Jan 3, 2007
Thanks Don, what I mean is that all files are listed in reverse order by name, it doesn’t matter what file is opened and edited.

If I have a zebra.jpg it lists first than apple.jpg is at the end of the list.

Very frustrating to say the least. I have tried listing by name which it does then the next time you open the window everything once again is in reverse order.
OP
oz_photography
Jan 3, 2007
By the way the file window in Adobe Acrobat shows them all in reverse order as well,
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 3, 2007
What do you mean, "File Window"?
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 3, 2007
Thanks Don, what I mean is that all files are listed in reverse order by name, it doesn’t matter what file is opened and edited.

You mean in the file open dialog? Switch it to view Details, and then clicking on the name column will switch the order to normal alphabetic. This is a Windows thing, not a Photoshop thing.
OP
oz_photography
Jan 3, 2007
When you go to > file > open and a window opens popa us so you can select your file to work on.

The files shown are in reverse order and I can get them in proper order but once I close the window it reverts back from Z to A

It won’t keep the setting?
OP
oz_photography
Jan 3, 2007
I have but it always reverts back to reverse order, it doesn’t save it.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 3, 2007
As Don said, that dialog (and its behaviour) is provided by Windows.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 3, 2007
Try enabling Version Cue (in Preferences) then click the "Use Adobe Dialogue" bottom left of the "Open" dialogue.
OP
oz_photography
Jan 4, 2007
Interesting though that outside of Adobe products that window is fine

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections