CB
Posted By
Carol_Barrington
Jul 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a carefully ordered file of jpeg images, each with a specific caption that varies from image to image. Problem comes when trying to maintain that same file order when creating a contact sheet. All downloads (either to Contact Sheet or CD) re-arrange the files to some sort of alphanumeric order which totally shifts the way I want them viewed and/or printed.

Images are different sizes, different subjects, different take dates — they have nothing in common (other than quality!)to use as a basic sorting advice.

I’ve tried all available choices under View in Photoshop but none seems to provide for manual or "as is" order. I cannot change the file names because they are specific to contest requirements.

How can I make the images appear as manually ordered in both a Contact sheet and a CD?

I am using the Windows version of Photoshop CS2 with Bridge. I also have Lightroom.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 16, 2007
You can arrange the images in Bridge in the order you want and do a batch rename, which can include your "caption" and a numeric identifier.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections