KK
Posted By
Ken_Kundert
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I start Photoshop Elements it creates the "My Pictures" folder in "My Documents". Is there anyway of disabling this "feature". I do not use a separate folder for my pictures, and I find this folder to be useless clutter. Also, I support other users, and I find the presense of this folder leads to a confusing organization of files, where the files are organized by file type rather than by project.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 26, 2004
Ken,

Elements doesn’t create this folder. It is a Windows folder. Go to Windows Exploe and open the My Documents folder and you will find it.

Microsoft put that folder there.

Dick
KK
Ken_Kundert
Apr 26, 2004
If I delete the folder, it comes back as soon as I start Photoshop Elements. Furthermore, I cannot delete it again until I terminate the program. Even if Windows is creating the folder, it must be at the direction of Photoshop. I’d like to know how to stop Elements from requesting that folder.
BL
bob_lemon
Apr 26, 2004
Ken, if you have Win XP, take a look here and see if it solves your problem.

<http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-100>

Like Dick said, it’s not a n Elements caused problem, it’s a Wonderful Windows Feature.
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 26, 2004
Bob,

Thanks for jumping in. The link is a good one.

Dick
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2004
"That’s not a bug, it’s a great new feature!" 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections