Creating one picture with several pictures as layers HOW?

S
Posted By
steve
Dec 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to create a little animated gif from several pictures. (Elemets 5)

The first step seems to be putting the pictures into the the layers so that each picture is a layer. I cant seem to figure out how to take say 5 separate pictures/images and then get them to become layers. (despite reading and trying to drag, drop, hold down various keys ). Im sure its simple and basic.

Again.. how do I take several pictures and make one picture and add 5 pictures as separate layers.

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MJ
Michael J Davis
Dec 10, 2007
steve opined
I want to create a little animated gif from several pictures. (Elemets 5)

The first step seems to be putting the pictures into the the layers so that each picture is a layer. I cant seem to figure out how to take say 5 separate pictures/images and then get them to become layers. (despite reading and trying to drag, drop, hold down various keys ). Im sure its simple and basic.

Again.. how do I take several pictures and make one picture and add 5 pictures as separate layers.

Thanks.

Type ‘animation’ in the help box, and follow the instructions it gives you.

See the first comment under:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman/306865334/

It was my experiment following the instructions in PE5.

Mike
[The reply-to address is valid for 30 days from this posting] —
Michael J Davis

Pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman/
<><
For this is what the Lord has said to me,
"Go and post a Watchman and let
him report what he sees." Isa 21:6
<><
S
steve
Dec 11, 2007
The example of the river is great.

And this is a great example of animation. However where IM having the problem is how did you get the two or how ever many pictures into become layers. I have created animations by Writing the layers eg litterally drawing 1, 2, 3 4, and I have also create an animation by duplicating the same picture over and over and then erasing a little at a time in each frame. But what I cant seem to do is make an animation of the same type as you have with the water. eg several different pictures each in its own Layer

The instructions say

In the Editor, place the images you want to appear in each frame of the animation on separate layers of the Layers palette. For example, to create an animation of an eye blinking, you would place an image of the open eye on one layer, and an image of the eye closed on another layer.

But I cant seem to do this very first step.
How do I do this ?

Thanks.
RG
Roy G
Dec 12, 2007
"steve" wrote in message
The example of the river is great.

And this is a great example of animation. However where IM having the problem is how did you get the two or how ever many pictures into become layers. I have created animations by Writing the layers eg litterally drawing 1, 2, 3 4, and I have also create an animation by duplicating the same picture over and over and then erasing a little at a time in each frame. But what I cant seem to do is make an animation of the same type as you have with the water. eg several different pictures each in its own Layer

The instructions say

In the Editor, place the images you want to appear in each frame of the animation on separate layers of the Layers palette. For example, to create an animation of an eye blinking, you would place an image of the open eye on one layer, and an image of the eye closed on another layer.

But I cant seem to do this very first step.
How do I do this ?

Thanks.

As easy as you thought. I only have PSE 4 but this should still work.

On Window Menu – Images – click "Tile" then Click "Match Zoom"

On Window Menu ensure "Layers" are ticked to make Layer Palette visible.

Open both images – ensure their windows are larger than the images – select one image by drawing a rectangular lasso, or select any part of it by drawing any shaped lasso.

Then Control + C – Click on the other image to activate it – Control + V

The first image will now show on top of the other one.

Each will be in its own layer.

To see a layer which is underneath another layer, click on the "eye", on the layer Palette, of the top one or ones to make them invisible.

Roy G
S
steve
Dec 12, 2007
Thank you that teaches me a lot. And I guess if I want the whole image then I just to a control A.
Wonderfull Works great,
Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections