LT
Posted By
Linus_Tripe
Sep 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know many (most?) of us use two monitors in a conventional set up: one for the main image file, one for palettes. But I’m wondering if anyone’s got the lowdown on three monitors: one for palettes, a second for a main work area (where most work is done at high magnification) and a third which, ideally, would be able to show the entire image (full screen), with plain undistracting black or grey background.

The idea being that you could do most of your micro-retouching work on the second screen while the third showed real-time updates of the entire shot: no more continual zooming in-and-out, and no more triple-toggling the F key to switch to black bkgd and eliminate menus.

I just don’t know whether CS3 (or soon 4) will accommodate showing a single open file in all of these different viewing modes simultaneously.

Thoughts?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
JeffN
Sep 18, 2008
No problem-o
I use a three monitor set up both at my job, and at my home office. Palettes go on the left 19" wide screen, main working area on the center 21" CRT, and full screen views on the right 21" CRT. I’m running a dual 1.8 G5 with the standard video card (supports 2 monitors) that came with the G5, and I put in a second PCI video card (ATI Radeon 9200,supports 2 monitors) so I could add the third monitor. You can never have too many monitors or desk top space.
You can have multiple copies of the same doc open. Go to file menu>window>arrange>new window.
Hope this helps.

JeffN

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections