OW
Posted By
O_Wazir
Jul 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m doing some work in a lab right now and I’m supposed to put together a large photomerge of a cell (about 220 pictures from an electron microscope). They’re big pictures – about 2500 by 2500 each. The problem is that the computer can’t handle that many pictures at once, so it crashes.

To avoid this, I made a lot of small photomerges (about 15 pictures each) and started putting them together to make larger photomerges. What happens is that there is a white background behind each of the smaller photomerges and when i put them together, portions of the cell are either faded or completely white. I saw the computer tech do it with CS2, but he’s not here today, so I’m not sure about what the problem is. Any help?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

OW
O_Wazir
Jul 30, 2008
Sorry, was looking on other photomerge threads and I forgot to write these – Model: Mac Pro
Mac OS X – Version 10.5.2
Memory – 16 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Free Hard Drive Space – 1770 Gigs? Two HD, one with 840, the other with 930, also an external hard drive with 900 Gigs

The pictures are 6.3 MB each, and there are 220 of them for this particular cell. There wasn’t an error message, but the white interference is the problem. The system is new, but the computer tech showed me how to do it on his computer (with CS2) and it worked there.

Thanks!
B
Buko
Jul 30, 2008
What happens is that there is a white background behind each of the smaller photomerges

don’t flatten the smaller merges just merge the visible layers and you won’t have the white background.
OW
O_Wazir
Jul 30, 2008
It automatically flattens the images when I do the second photomerging – It looks like the computer is just making each small photomerge a layer. Is there any way to stop that?
B
Buko
Jul 30, 2008
I’ve done this so I know it works

When you make a pano each element is on its own layer.

Merge these to one layer, don’t flatten.

Save the file.

Now do Photomerge on a group of these.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections