S
Posted By
Sini
Mar 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My photoshop worked fine until a few days ago. Here’s what happens: I start the photoshop, and all the tools are selectable and everything is working fine until I open an image, any type of image. Then there’s no tool pointer, i can’t select, move or do anything all i get is that sound (ding ding ding) when ever I press my mouse button. Tool icons are highlighted when I position my pointer on it but when I click it…DING. All I can do is minimize and maximize and can’t even close it (had to do it via Task Manager). I tried deleting preferences, nothing happened. Tried to uninstall, reinstall, repair and nothing. What the hell is that?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Mar 14, 2007
set your screen resolution to maximum. sounds like you have a dialog off screen somewhere.

if that fails, reset your prefrences per the faq.
S
Sini
Mar 14, 2007
Didn’t help unfortunately, but i found something else. Keyboard shortcuts seem to work, if I press the return key I can modify stuff like opacity, feather etc, but when i try to use it on an image it dings. Also there’s this thing in task manager under processes Adobelm_Cleanup.0001, and it starts twice with photoshop and shuts down with it. I have windows xp sp2 and have recently updated the drivers for my graphic card. I’m really confused about this. Thanks.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Mar 14, 2007
Did you try Restoring Windows to a point previous to this behavior?

Try a different mouse?
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 14, 2007
"Adobe Licence Manager" or some such intimidating thing.

I think it’s to do with activation.

You could try de-activating, un-installing, re-installing and re-activating.
DM
dave_milbut_(ilm)
Mar 14, 2007
i’d try rebooting before trying all that other stuff. then try that stuff. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections