Posted By
Lynlee_McNeal
Oct 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Good Day Folks..

I hope there are some knowledgeable people left here that are able to help me with my problem..

PS 7.01 works just fine.. I’m running Win2K with ServPak #3 and all critical updates I need. Dual Monitor on a GeForce FX-5600 AGP with 256 MB/ddr RAM, Ultra Wide SCSI (160) with more disk space than I know what to do with.. 1 GIG of RAM. I dont *think* it has to do with my system, since PS is perfectly happy and I have not been having any type of computer problems.

When I click on the Adobe Gamma icon in Control Panel folder I get this message: "An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel File D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma.cpl" All other applets run in Control Panel. The Gamma applet is where it belongs, in the path above.

I have posted on a couple of Windows tech forums without any feedback.. I have searched the Microsoft knowledgebase and this form. I have posted to Graphics Cafe and Photoshop mailing lists, also without feedback.

I have re-installed PS 7 and the patch to v7.01. It is still broken.

Much Thanks in Advance for any suggestions..

Peace.. -<-* Lynlee

(sorry if the spacing is screwy.. I did the spell check and it showed NO paragraphs when I used one empty line..)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 6, 2003
Adobe Gamma requires administrator access.

Bob
LM
Lynlee_McNeal
Oct 6, 2003
Thank you for your thoughts.. I have that.. 😉

Peace.. -<-* Lynlee
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 6, 2003
The next possibility is that your video card driver is exceedingly buggy.
LM
Lynlee_McNeal
Oct 7, 2003
Chris Cox – 04:38pm Oct 6, 2003 Pacific (#3 of 3)

The next possibility is that your video card driver is exceedingly buggy.

I had not thought of that.. Thank you.. I will search for new NVidia drivers and see if that helps..

Peace.. -<-* Lynlee
LM
Lynlee_McNeal
Oct 8, 2003
I’mmmm Baaaack!!

Oh well.. At least I now have the latest and greatest vid drivers!! 😉 ::snicker:: I’m getting the same error message..
"An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel File D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma.cpl"

I have really racked my brain over this. It is my only way to manage my monitor. It is way past due!! Since Adobe announced the next version, I don’t believe I can call them for tech support. This is startin to make me a weee bit nutz!!

Bob, I DO appreciate your suggestions.. This last one had me all excited!! If you (or ANYONE) can think of anything else, I’ll be willing to try almost anything! (A rain danced didnt work.. ::sigh::)

Take Care & Peace to You and Yours.. Lynlee
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 8, 2003
You have a dual monitor setup. Remove one monitor and try it. If you have two vid cards, remove the second one. Make sure Adobe Gamma is run on the first card, THEN attach the second card/monitor.

Peace,
Tony
LM
Lynlee_McNeal
Oct 9, 2003
Just wanted to drop you a note and thank each one of you for your great Ideas.. Tony.. It worked.. ::beaming:: 😮 <- Yahoo!!!
Bob and Chris, Excellent suggestions!! 😉

Thank you all so very much..

Peace to you all.. -<-* Lynlee

(I was surprised how much this old work horse drifted.. Sony Multiscan 420GS.. 19")
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 9, 2003
Wow, excellent Lynlee! Thanks for posting back the results.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections