WA
Posted By
wayne_arnold
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I noticed this with some computers running acrobat 5.05 as well. I had to delete preferences and then PS (and acrobat) will run fine. However the next time the user goes to help>update, the program freezes again when trying to download a file. I cannot recall the name of the file but it places this .txt file in root>library>application support>adobe>web

Some systems do not seem to be bothered by this or perhaps those users simply have not gone to the help>update menu.

The two systems I have run into this both run OS 10.2.8
This has happened with Acrobat 5.05 and photoshop 7.01 on the Mac

Wayne

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 15, 2004
Don’t upate in the software.
WA
wayne_arnold
Jul 15, 2004
Yes of course that is the easy fix however with over 200 users here, there is always someone who sees the option in the help menu and will try it.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 15, 2004
<< It has NEVER worked and frankly it should have been removed from the Help Menu many versions ago.>>

Edited a few minutes later!:

It never used to work but in CS it finally does take you to the right page.

However, you need to download any patches to your desktop; quit out of Photoshop and then install.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections