Posted By
jsg
Apr 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I don’t know if this is the right group to ask this, but I’m developing a web site and although I’m getting along doing the backend stuff, I’m not very good at choosing colors/styles/images for the frontend.

Does anyone have any good pointers for how-tos? I’m not talking about sites with free images and backgrounds, more on the lines of look-n- feel and layout. It’s an e-commerce site and needs to be the best it can be (obviously).

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
Dave
Apr 26, 2007
On 26 Apr 2007 10:43:24 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

I don’t know if this is the right group to ask this, but I’m developing a web site and although I’m getting along doing the backend stuff, I’m not very good at choosing colors/styles/images for the frontend.

Does anyone have any good pointers for how-tos? I’m not talking about sites with free images and backgrounds, more on the lines of look-n- feel and layout. It’s an e-commerce site and needs to be the best it can be (obviously).

Thanks.

The site you are looking for is http://google.com
and in the search bar, simply type something like
you aked here ie ‘developing a website’.
Already told them about you and they are busy
preparing lots of links for you.
D
digitalgrey
Apr 27, 2007
On 26 Apr, 18:43, wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Go to college and buy books like the rest of us have to.. There are no shortcuts.
K
KatWoman
Apr 28, 2007
"digitalgrey" wrote in message
On 26 Apr, 18:43, wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Go to college and buy books like the rest of us have to.. There are no shortcuts.

hehe yeah art school in a bottle
graphic arts 101 plug-in
I bought my MFA degree (master of Fine Arts it only cost 5 years plus tuition)

coders should code _Lord knows I don’t want to do it myself

consider hiring an artist many will work for very cheap and it is money well spent
image is so important for a website, it is the first impression many will get of your business

or do use or buy a pre designed template
many are quite nicely designed

free and good css
http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=/190/190.css&page=0

help with color schemes
http://www.webwhirlers.com/colors/wheel.asp

I don’t keep links to picture collections
I use in-house photos

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections