HELP!! – CS2 installer not recognized – asking me to "choose an application" to run

WS
Posted By
Wayne_Schwisow
Dec 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
CS2 just gave me a message while trying to open a file, "There has been a serious error, please reinstall the Photoshop CS2 application program". I tried restarting, but the message kept coming up. I then deleted CS2 from my applications program (but nothing else at that time), and tried reinstallig. At the very tail end of the installation, during the install of help files, I got a message that "required files couldn’t be found", and was told to try installing again. I did, and got the same message at the end. I tried launching PS anyway, and it looked like it launched, but nothing worked and i had to force quit. I deleted everything again to try reinstalling, BUT THIS TIME… when I double-click the installer, I get the message "There is no default application specified to open the document Adobe Photoshop CS 2.mpkg." I’ve tried restarting and taking the disk out and cleaning it. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Dec 22, 2006
I would say that your system or user is corrupt.

can you start photoshop in a new user?
B
Buko
Dec 22, 2006
Nevermind you deleted it.

run fsck -fy in single user mode or run Diskwarrior.

try installing. I f that does not work Archive and install the system.

don’t forget to delete the prefs, installing Photoshop with corrupt prefs puts you right back where you started.

In the future. When things don’t work right.

Create a new user, see if things work right this little trick can save lots of needless installing.
WS
Wayne_Schwisow
Dec 27, 2006
I have a tech guy coming to try DiskWarrior. Thanks, I’ll lert you know what happens.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections