GK
Posted By
Gary_K_Clark
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On the Photo shop elements box it says that Intel Penium is required. Will it not work on my Intel Celeron machine?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RB
Ralph_Brannon
Apr 2, 2004
Oh yeah, most of the Celeron’s within the last few years will run circles around P 1,2 and 3s.

Photoshop away,
Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
BK
Beverly_Kim
Feb 7, 2007
Okay im thinking of buying Photoshop CS2 and then i noticed it says under System Requirements:

Intel® Xeon, Xeon Dual, Intel Centrino, or Pentium® III or 4 processor.

However i recently bought a laptop that runs on AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology. Does this mean that CS2 wont work on my notebook? or is Intel Pentium only a recommendation?
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Feb 7, 2007
Hi Beverly,

You should have no trouble at all. Why Adobe doesn’t change their packaging to say something like "Pentium 4 class" or even list a comparable AMD CPU, I don’t know. Perhaps CS3 will not be marketed with an implied bias towards Intel. Regardless, either Intel or AMD processors work fine with Photoshop CS2.

Regards,

Daryl
BK
Beverly_Kim
Feb 7, 2007
alright thank you. Im a bit worried that AMD might affect the performance though. Right now i have Photoshop 6 [ancient i know] but the smudge tool blackens when used on a transparent layer which has never done that before on my other computer which is the main reason im upgrading to CS2… is my processor the cause of this?
C
chrisjbirchall
Feb 7, 2007
Resetting the Preferences (see the FAQs) may cure your Smudge Tool issue.

Although there are gazillions of other reasons for upgrading to CS2.

Not least of these is the fact future versions of Photoshop can only be upgraded from no more than three version back. So it would be cheaper to go from PS6 to CS2 now, that jump straight to CS3 after next May.

On the other issue: My PSCS2 runs happily on an AMD processor.

Chris.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 7, 2007
AMD processors make Photoshop happy. Chris Cox, one of the principal Photoshop engineers, uses AMD boxes. I suspect the listing of Intel processors exclusively is a promotional deal with Intel.
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 7, 2007
Im a bit worried that AMD might affect the performance though.

It will….but not in a way you should worry about. <g>

Bob
A
Al
Feb 19, 2007
So what processor would be best? AMD Intel?
Intel used to do the best for video encoding but?? This is a different animal I believe.

I do not do graphic work but am building for a relative. He runs Adobe photoshop not sure of the version.

Its is just that I am a gamer and do not know what would be best for graphic work. I know the more ram the better. The processor I do not know. Price window is somewhat flexable but as I military IE not rich would like to keep cost down.
I have already
Video card 6800GT PCI E
Memory 1 gig DDR2 667 mhz
M
MisterOwl
Feb 21, 2007
On Feb 18, 8:37 pm, "Al" wrote:
[snippage]

I don’t think the processor will make *that* much difference.. a decent one of either make will be sufficient. What you might want to do though is bump that RAM up to 2gig or more. Be aware of the 3G "limit" on non-64-bit systems though.
JB
Jay_B_Smith
Mar 16, 2009
I have given up hope on getting cs4 to work on my old computer (multiprocessor server board) but what about cs3? My system seems to meet the minimum requirements but I had no luck running cs4 and cs3 is not functioning properly. Can someone take a look at these specs and tell me if this system should run cs3? I know it is an old system but I have not had any problems with it since it was new and do not plan on getting rid of it any time soon.

Tyan Tiger MP (2460) AMD-760 MP Motherboard

2 X Athlon MP 1800+

2 gigs Kingston DDR registered EEC memory

ATI Radeon 9550 256 MB DDR memory (with openGL Support)

Windows Vista Ultimate
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 16, 2009
I don’t see why it shouldn’t work, are you getting any errors when trying to install it or what’s the problem? As for what the weak point would be, it’s the CPU’s, they’re weak and very old, October 2001 old. I don’t think that having vista on that machine is the best idea, XP with it’s lower system requirements should run Photoshop better(or maybe Windows 7 but that’s only coming out in winter)
JB
Jay_B_Smith
Mar 16, 2009
I don’t think that having vista on that machine is the best idea <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?224@@4ad180b3@.59b837e7/0>

I don’t think having vista on any machine is the best Idea but….. 🙂

WOW 2001, I forget how old this machine was(paid over $800.00 for 2x 1gig stick for reg. EEC memory)but it has always ran perfectly.

So photoshop will run on windows 7? Guess there is one way to find out(I have a beta copy I have been waiting to try out)maybe a dual boot.

I just got cs3 running.(Disabled windows Aero among other things)

I spent too much time on cs4,had problems installing,problems getting past the splash screen and was unable to open a new file or load a picture.Oh well let’s see what happens with the latest and greatest windows.
BC
Bart_Cross
Mar 16, 2009
Jay: I recently did an upgrade to my hardware. I loved the old one, it ran fine, but when it came to the newer apps (beginning with CS2) it started to show its age. Despite what you spent, you really should upgrade the hardware.
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 16, 2009
I don’t think having vista on any machine

I’d put Vista in the same category as Photoshop. Give it plenty of RAM, fast processors and 64 bit.

So photoshop will run on windows 7?

From limited testing, all of the CS4 apps appear to run beautifully.

I just got cs3 running.(Disabled windows Aero among other things)

Many people have reported that disabling Aero actually slows Photoshop down.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections