help with creative suite installation system requirements?

SJ
Posted By
s_jones
Nov 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi, im trying to install creative suite 3 and it says it can’t continue because i need 1.0GB of RAM or more but i have 7GB! please help, why doesn’t it recognize the space?
thankyou!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Nov 23, 2008
RAM is not space.
NT
Nini Tj
Nov 23, 2008
Are you sure you have enough space on your harddisk? Not RAM, harddisk space.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Nov 23, 2008
Systems requirements require 1 GB of RAM or more and the question remains why doesn’t the Adobe software recognize the RAM.

Go to the Apple menu and the Abut this Mac and see if it recognizes the RAM if it says you have 1GB of RAM as you say have install and I am certain you do, then click on the more info in the about this Mac dialog and then go to the Memory section and see if it says all the RAM is OK. If so I would say there is an issue and it does sound to me to be an issue.

The only question that would remain is what that issue.

Perhaps an undetected memory leak, what computer model are you trying to install it on?

Is it a newer MacPro? I am just speculating it could be a bad system install that is first showing up or it could be that you came across a memory leak that then may have found it way into CS 4.

I t would be interesting to see your configuration and hardware are, btw where di dyou get your RAM?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections