ML
Posted By
Mo_Luikart
Feb 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought Photoshop Elements 2.0 (bundled with Photoshop Album 2.0), and after getting it home I realized that the system requirements say Pentium III or 4 processor. My processor is an AMD Athlon 750. On my system, will Elements a) not run at all, b) run poorly, or c) run fine? I don’t want to open it if it isn’t going to work.

Thanks for any info.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 23, 2004
Mo, my PC has an Athlon processor (believe it’s an 800 or 850) and both Album and Elements run great on it. For Album 2.0, however, you need XP (Home or Office).
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 23, 2004
I put it on an Athlon-powered machine similar in specs to Chuck’s, and it runs fine on it, too. From what I’ve read in the past, Adobe lists the specifications for machines on which they’ve tested the software before release, and it appears they don’t use any Athlons. They don’t seem to test Help and Tutorial sections on anything but IE, either, but most other plain vanilla browsers work, too. (AOL not being classified as "plain vanilla"!)
ML
Mo_Luikart
Feb 23, 2004
Thanks for the info! Looks like I’ve got a big install day ahead of me. (I bought XP at the same time, upgrading from 98.)
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 23, 2004
Wow! Good luck! 🙂 You’ll love XP after using Win 98!
E
East-of-lake
Feb 23, 2004
The box my bundled PE2/Album2 came in lists Windows Millenium, W2K,and XP as acceptable OS’s.
I’ll be installing it this week, after finishing some PE work (just in case there are glitches). So we’ll see.

FYI – I’m running PE1 on a K6-2 500 MHz system with a truely crappy video card. The key to making it work well is 640 MB of RAM and a big fast HD. Oh, I’m running W2k. If PE3 insists on XP I’ll probably go rob a bank so I can afford to switch to a Mac.

wrote in message
Wow! Good luck! 🙂 You’ll love XP after using Win 98!
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Feb 24, 2004
Mo,

Hope this isn’t a day late and a dollar short. If you have not checked to see if your PC is XP ready you might want to go here

<http://www.pcpitstop.com/xpready/default.asp>

and run the test. My old Win 98 machine failed so I had to make the move to a new PC to get XP.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections