CS
Posted By
carl_sutherland
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently bought the 250 GB Maxtor HD with Dantz Retrospect Express for my MAC Powerbook. Now that everything is up and running I am very pleased. However, I did run into one problem I would like to warn people about. The following is my understanding of the relationship between Maxtor and Dantz. I received the system and went to both companies web sites for the latest information and drivers. The Maxtor comes with Retrospect 5. Dantz says that 5 is not compatible with OS X 10.3 which is my OS and I need 6 for a $59.00 upgrade which I bought. I then tried to get the system to work and it wouldn’t. Maxtor says it has a special edition of Retrospect 5 programed to work with its one touch button system. It has its own update for Retrospect 5 which will work with 10.3 but is not yet compatible with the one touch button. I can use Retrospect 6 from Dantz but that is not going to be compatible with its one touch button. Maxtor highly encouraged me to look to Maxtor for support and not to Dantz. I have deleted 6 from my system and the 5 is working well with a desk top icon rather than the button on the HD. I am seeking reimbursement from Dantz but have made no progress so far.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections