SK
Posted By
Sandra_Kam
May 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m thinking about purchasing a Seagate external hard drive. I would like to use this for my digital photos so I can free up some space. I have Windows XP and I would like to know what to do before moving my photos to it? Thank you for your help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin Walls
May 15, 2005
Are you using PSE 3 and Organizer?
If so, don’t just move the images, do the move from within Organizer using File/Move or D&D from Folder view.
SK
Sandra_Kam
May 15, 2005
I am using PSE 3 and Organizer.
CW
Colin Walls
May 16, 2005
I am using PSE 3 and Organizer

In that case, my advice holds. Do you need any other help?

If you have used extensive use of stacks and version sets, you may need some more guidance. Also, if you have a particularly complex folder structure, there may be some other things we could suggest.
CW
Colin Walls
May 16, 2005
You may also like to peruse this thread.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 16, 2005
Colin,

The thread didn’t make it. I’d like to take a look, too. I’m pretty sure Retrospect and Maxtor are getting everything but a check list couldn’t hurt.

Bob
CW
Colin Walls
May 16, 2005
Wonder what went wrong. Here’s the thread:
Bob Hegel, "Procedure for moving entire photo folder/database to another drive" #11, 15 May 2005 3:45 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/10>

BTW, I am a big fan of Maxtor – being able to backup at the touch of a button is great. I also have a Lacie drive, but I am less impressed with that.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 16, 2005
Colin,

I am a big fan of Maxtor

And for forgetful people like me the scheduled overnight run every day is essential. 🙂

Thanks for the link. Good info. I think I’ll just continue with the regular Retrospect approach instead of using PE3’s backup unless I’m preparing to move drives or (shudder) reformat and reload.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections