SH
Posted By
Steven_Hall
May 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to use an external (firewire) hard drive on my iBook with OS-X and PS CS but the hard drive does not appear in the drop down list in the Preferences’ scratch disk list. The iBook does recognize the external hard drive in the File Windows and I can access images on the external hard drive from PS CS, so I know that the system is functioning. The external hard drive shows up in the File Window as "ejectable" ie…the triangular ejection arrow shows up next to the hard drive icon in the File Window and I can press on the ejection arrow which will make the hard drive icon disappear as though it were a CD in the CD Drive. This is a mystery to me, anyone have a solution for this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

IL
Ian_Lyons
May 21, 2004
If you haven’t already doesn’t so you will need to initialize the disk as Mac HFS+. They’re normally supplied formated for the PC and whilst the Mac can read the disk PS treats it as a removable drive – thus not an acceptable option as a scratch disk.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 21, 2004
I believe what I said yesterday. I don’t know what I said. But I know what I think. I assume that’s what I said.

The Unknown
As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don’t know
We don’t know.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections