Run PS Elements from external hard drive?

C
Posted By
CKL
Jan 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My daughters company doesn’t mind her using her laptop for personal work. However, she does not want to install her software on it, partially because of space. Is it possible to install/run Photoshop Elements on/from an external USB2 Hard Drive (where she currently stores her photos)? Has anyone done this successfully? I was going to give her my old computer but it does not meet the min. criteria for processor speed.

TIA
CKL

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
hammy
Jan 8, 2007
CKL wrote:
My daughters company doesn’t mind her using her laptop for personal work. However, she does not want to install her software on it, partially because of space. Is it possible to install/run Photoshop Elements on/from an external USB2 Hard Drive (where she currently stores her photos)? Has anyone done this successfully? I was going to give her my old computer but it does not meet the min. criteria for processor speed.
TIA
CKL
Ive got a Westen Digital external USB Hard Drive 250gb, I simply installed Photoshop Elements 5 to this drive and everything works perfectly, Ive done lots of things on it including course work for a college course, give it a go the worst that can happen is you have to uninstall it.
C
CKL
Jan 9, 2007
Thank you hammy! That’s what I told her to try. It turns out, she really didn’t want to drag her notebook home every night just in case she wanted to work on her photos, but guess that is what she is going to have to do……… (until she can afford a newer computer than mine! <G>)

"hammy" wrote in message
CKL wrote:
My daughters company doesn’t mind her using her laptop for personal work. However, she does not want to install her software on it, partially because
of space. Is it possible to install/run Photoshop Elements on/from an external USB2 Hard Drive (where she currently stores her photos)? Has anyone done this successfully? I was going to give her my old computer
but it does not meet the min. criteria for processor speed.
TIA
CKL
Ive got a Westen Digital external USB Hard Drive 250gb, I simply installed Photoshop Elements 5 to this drive and everything works perfectly, Ive done lots of things on it including course work for a college course, give it a go the worst that can happen is you have to uninstall it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections