EL
Posted By
Eskil_Lundberg
Jan 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Maybe Im fool for asking this, but I havent found a way to do this.

Its about the brush size, Im changing the size of it alot when Im working and I want a quicker way to do it. The increase by steps is not suitable when it often jump over the actually size Im looking for. What I want is something similar to the way you can change the opacity… for example, I would like to be able to hold down a key of my choice and then hit a number that will then set the size of my brush. ctr+12 will get me the brush I picket with a size of 12pix and ctr+200 will give me the size 200

Is there a way to do this already that I have missed? I have tried to search and asked around for it with no luck.

For the moment I have to bring up the brush properties with right click with my wacompen and then select size and hit the numbers I want.

Cheers
Eskil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 24, 2007
Probably not what you want, but if you right click to bring up the Master Diameter dialog you can change the size using the arrow keys. Of course you have to right-click for every size change you make, so not so great.
EL
Eskil_Lundberg
Jan 25, 2007
Its the way Im doing it now… its a bit to slow for my taste. I mean… its okay if you doing it once there and there… but when you painting or masking something detailed, you getting frustrated very fast. I dont know, maybe its just me that are looking for a faster way to control the brush size and would like to have something like I described :/

Thanks for your fast reply thou 🙂 Its a good though.

Eskil
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 25, 2007
You could get a stylus with a scroll wheel and set that in Size Jitter. Don’t know how well that works.
SJ
Sandy_J
Jan 25, 2007
Holding command and clicking or holding the brakets [ or ] increases brush size incrementally.
EL
Eskil_Lundberg
Jan 25, 2007
Thanks for your replies guys!

Ed Hannigan wrote:

You could get a stylus with a scroll wheel and set that in Size Jitter. Don’t know how well that works.

I have actually tried that, its a good idea in general. But PS´s [] that you will bind to the wheel is skipping certain values… and it will take some scrolling to get from 10px to say 500px. : /

Sandy J wrote:

Holding command and clicking or holding the brakets [ or ] increases brush size incrementally.

Like Ed´s reply, Im not quite happy with the step increasing of the brush size that [ or ] gives. The time and the fact that it skips values makes it not really a suitable solution for me : (

I know Im picky now… but I do believe this is something that could increase my (and maybe alot of others) working speed dramatically.

Thanks for your replies guys 🙂 nice to see that ppl take their time to try help me out with this problem. I really appreciates it.

Ciao
Eskil
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jan 25, 2007
Eskil, This thread might be interesting.

Dirk, "Griffin Powermate and Photoshop?" #1, 11 Jan 2007 8:41 am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

I set up my PowerMate for brushes in PS CS2 and it works perfectly.
P
paradoxmoon
Jan 25, 2007
I’m using a Wacom stylus, and discovered recently that if I control-click without letting go, move to the desired brush and then let go, the brush size dialogue disappears and I’ve got my new brush size. With CS 2, anyway.
EL
Eskil_Lundberg
Jan 25, 2007
Welles Goodrich wrote:

set up my PowerMate for brushes in PS CS2 and it works perfectly.

Thats a awesome idea : D I really like it, Its not what Im looking for but Im already considering buying one of those. Can you control the steps the increase and decrease brush size function Photoshop have in any way? I still dont want it to jump over size 24 for example.

Paradoxmoon wrote:

I’m using a Wacom stylus, and discovered recently that if I control-click without letting go, move to the desired brush and then let go, the brush size dialogue disappears and I’ve got my new brush size. With CS 2, anyway.

Very interesting, I dont know if I understand you right there, unfortunately I use CS at my work station at the office and the stylus is lying at home. But Im gona try it as soon as I get home. Thanks!
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jan 25, 2007
If you set up the bracket keys as the function you can’t hit 24. The brush sizes work just as if you were using the bracket keys. If you assign the up arrow and down arrow and highlight a brush size text box, the brushes go up and down in 1 px intervals. I guess this isn’t a good solution for your problem.
EL
Eskil_Lundberg
Jan 25, 2007
Welles Goodrich wrote:

I guess this isn’t a good solution for your problem.

No I aint THE solution, but its a cool and very handy tips, thanks! I think Im gona get myself one of those. For some projects it can be the "thing".

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections