JH
Posted By
Jeanette_Hansen
Jul 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
During college I was in a class for Photoshop 6+, and I became quite fond of the keyboard shortcut for larger brush size and lower brush size – but I simply cannot remember for the life of me what they are.
Does Elements 2 have this shortcut, and could you kindly tell me what it is? Thank you!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 16, 2004
If you use the [ and ] keys they will enlarge or reduce the brush size.

Colin
JH
Jeanette_Hansen
Jul 16, 2004
Ok-kay.. my issue is that I am using a Danish/European format keyboard, and the [] symbols are only accessable by the AltGR key – which triggers the clone copy (double arrows, one black on top, one white w/black outline underneath) tool. Changing the brush size continually with my mouse/pen is driving me batty! O__o;
Are there any creative ways to get around this?
Thanks for the quick reply, Colin!
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 16, 2004
I use my OS ability to change keyboard layout. When I work with any graphics software, I switch to the English language keyboard, since I’m unlikely to use accented letters (or type any text at all). When I’m done, I change back to French Canadian keyboard.

Ray
JH
Jeanette_Hansen
Jul 16, 2004
Sounds like a good idea – I’ll play around with it. Perhaps WinXP has key-mapping abilities.. I’ll try and post an update on how it goes.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 16, 2004
In Windows XP, you can install additional keyboard language, and make the language toolbar visible (right click on the taskbar, then select Toolbar – Language). You will be able to set it up as you like, and assigning a shortcut to various keyboards.

Ray
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 19, 2004
I know of one neat keyboard shortcut that might help. Pressing the , or . will cycle you through the brushes that are loaded in your brush palette. ( This trick also works the same with < and > keys). This doesn’t seem to work, however, if the brush palette is open displaying brush samples.

Terri
JH
Jeanette_Hansen
Jul 19, 2004
I think that could work.. especially with the ability to create custom brush palettes. Thank you!
NS
Nancy_S
Jul 20, 2004
Jeanette,

Shortcut keys for larger/smaller brush size are the brackets located just to the right of "P" on the keyboard (lower case ones). Very handy!

Nancy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections