KN
Posted By
Kathy_Neal
Dec 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been working in Photoshop CS2 (9.0.2). The program quits while I am doing various things, like resizing, with no error message.
Have system 10.4.8. It quit when I had other programs open, or just Photoshop. Threw away preferences and restarted, but still quits.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Dec 26, 2006
please read this then come back.

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 7:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
KN
Kathy_Neal
Dec 26, 2006
I have checked the forums and couldn’t find my answer.
JF
john_findley
Dec 26, 2006
I’ve had this happen now and then, too. I believe it might be conflict with another open application, since I have cured it by shutting down others. I haven’t taken the time to check which, if any, may be causing this, but you might try it.

It hasn’t happened with CS3ß, yet.
B
Buko
Dec 26, 2006
Kathy the link I provided is helpful in helping you ask your question in a manner that we other users will have enough information to give you an answer.
FH
Frank_Heller
Dec 26, 2006
Are you running an old version of Default Folder on your machine? There have been a bunch of "mystery-no-error-message-CS2-quits" due to DF that have been addressed in the most recent version.
R
Ram
Dec 26, 2006
"ß" is the German Es-Zet (double s = ss). It does NOT stand for beta.
KN
Kathy_Neal
Dec 26, 2006
Frank:
Where would I locate the version of the Default Folder. I am running CS2 9.0.2 for Photoshop.
B
Buko
Dec 26, 2006
Kathy Default Folder is an application. Do you have it installed?

you still have not told us what type of Mac you are using. I take it that reading the how to get help quickly link was too much trouble.
R
Ram
Dec 26, 2006
Kathy,

As Buko has been trying to tell you, details about your setup are needed. Machine, CPU, OS, RAM installed, % of available memory allowed to Photoshop, total hard drive capacity, available disk space, location of primary scratch disk, etc.

Once again:

Click here <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
JF
john_findley
Dec 26, 2006
It does NOT stand for beta.

I know that (two years of high school German, one of college). The beta I have showed up as a question mark in the Adobe message box, so I felt free to substitute it.

Try to relax.
R
Ram
Dec 26, 2006
I’m thoroughly relaxed, even amused by the inappropriate use of the German Es-Zet. Thanks for the chuckle. 😀
B
Buko
Dec 27, 2006
I wanted a mind reading hat for Xmas, but alas Santa did not see fit to leave one under my tree. maybe next year when I get my Hollywood/CSI plugin pack.
R
Ram
Dec 27, 2006
I wanted a mind reading hat for Xmas

Reading minds is overrated, some minds aren’t worth reading. But a clairvoyant hat would be great.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Dec 27, 2006
I want a new toilet seat for my desk at work.
R
Ram
Dec 27, 2006
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 27, 2006
So that’s the kind of work Mike does…now I understand.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 27, 2006
BTW I hope both Ramón and you Mike had a wonderful Christmas and a spectacular New Years.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections