Posted By
marcus_goh
Mar 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hiya!

Can someone please help me with this? i am using an iMac 17′ 1.25GHz, System running 10.3.2 Panther, 768MB RAM… Has just bought the whole package of Adobe CS.

My problem is: whenever I try to launch Photoshop CS on the machine (10.3.2), the program errors out. It seems to get as far as reading the prefs and loading up things. but dies with "could not initialize Photoshop because of a program error." I tried removing all prefs & restart. and delete + reinstall in Safe Boot, repairing disk permission thru disk uitilities both from the startup disk & from the CD, also with fsck -fy but that didn’t seem to do the trick.
Even copied the CS installation CD onto desktop and reinstalled from there also to no avail. i hav tried to sign in as other user acc. besides the Admin acc. but didnt get thru as well. i hav contacted Adobe technical support helpline which doesnt seems to hav much option! I am down to the last option of erase & reformating the whole system.
The strange thing is that Indesign & Illustrator that comes in the same box go smoothly without any delays…

Anyone else have come across this issue and know how to resolve it? any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Mar 3, 2004

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections