Y
Posted By
YuseckiArt
Jun 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I load Photoshop CS not immediately, but after 30seconds or so a message shows up saying; "Could not load Multiprocessor Support module
because it does not work with this version of
photoshop."

I’ve looked and looked but can’t seem to find a way to stop this message. Does anyone know how? Its become quite an inconvienience as I would like to set CS to my log-in items and then simply switch the computer on and go and do other things while it loads. I’m not even sure why I get this message or what it means by muiltiprocessor support module. Any help would be vastly appreciated- even just a pointer as to whom to ask or so on.

Regards,
Miriam E Lewis,

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jun 8, 2004
Details about your machine, total installed RAM and OS would help.
Y
YuseckiArt
Jun 8, 2004
Mac OS X
version 10.2.8
Memory: 256MB
Processor: 600 MHz Power PC G3

It doesn’t matter how much or how little memory I give it to use, it still puts the message up
P
progress
Jun 8, 2004
256mb is really a little too low for PS…especially with osx.

it sounds like you just dont have enough memnory full stop.
Y
YuseckiArt
Jun 8, 2004
Na its not that really.. Thanks for the help but this exchange is useless- got the help I wanted elsewhere
B
Buko
Jun 8, 2004
YuseckiArt, 256MB is not very much RAM. OSX uses about half of that which leaves about 128MB for photoshop.

also did you put an old MP plugin in the plugins folder??

this exchange is useless because your contribution is useless.
Y
YuseckiArt
Jun 8, 2004
Well so long as its just my computer isn’t fast enough I don’t mind. I’ll just have to accept it until I can afford a faster computer. Thanks for what help was given but I (not just from this thread but others too) know full well not to come here for help. I was sort of hoping there was a way to remove the message but I guess I can live with it πŸ™‚

I didn’t mean to annoy any one and I certainly felt the very last comment was uncalled for but- hey- thats life πŸ˜€ I am a relaxed person who doesen’t anger easy but I’m not keen on being talked to in that manner ‘Buko’

Anyway, I shall now walk off with a big grin a nice wave and return to my graphics- thats people, despite the lack of warmth and poilteness you still sort of maybe nearly helped a little

www.biorust.com
www.graphicphorum.com

^ Two places that show how to give help in good way. In a ‘proper manner’ so to speak. It doesn’t cost anything to be polite, but it helps.
R
Ram
Jun 8, 2004
Yusecki,

It was frustrating enough trying to help you with the little information you provided. Now you are being condescending to the very people who tried to help you. And you have the nerve to talk about being polite?

You have made a spectacle of yourself.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 9, 2004
Yusecki – the MP Support error is because you have an old version of MP Support (from a previous version of Photoshop ) installed. It needs to be removed.

The message means exactly what it says….
Y
YuseckiArt
Jun 9, 2004
Whats upset your cot ‘RamΓ³n’? I’m not being nasty, meant, or condescending. I’m being myself. I come here asking for help with what information I have, its as simple as that.

Thanks Chris, if thats the case I’ll do some searches and see about removing it. I simply didn’t quite understand the message, so thanks πŸ™‚

Sorry for the obvious inconvienience my lack of understanding held. Miriam E Lewis
B
Buko
Jun 9, 2004
YuseckiArt,

from post #4 you wrote

Na its not that really.. Thanks for the help but this exchange is useless- got the help I wanted elsewhere.

I guess you didn’t get the help you wanted. did you??

also you ignored my suggestion that you had an old MP plugin placed in your Plugins folder.

People here have been more than helpfull, you just have a bad atitude.
Y
YuseckiArt
Jun 9, 2004
Well, in that case I apologise ‘Buko’ when I read your message for some reason inside my extremely-tired extremeley-stressed mind I didn’t take in the plug-ins folder part of your post. Sorry about this. Anyway, I deletes said plug-in and all is fine on my computer.

I take back what I said this exchange isn’t USELESS as such, but it lacks the quality of many other places on the web.

" you just have a bad atitude"
Although it is proven that my attitude toward adobes forums is very negative it does not mean that I have a bad attitude. I would, infact, say that the generalised attitude within Adobes Forums is of an attitude that could be considered ‘bad’. I feel this merely due to the sheer number of poeple in the forum and is no fault of Adobe.

May Adobe continue to make wonderful programs, and may people continue to use them and learn well.

Thank you and goodnight
Y
YuseckiArt
Jun 10, 2004
I suppose its too much to ask for an apology from you?

….

Though so, I think I deserve an apology though, your behaviour in this thread was certainly insulting to me.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 10, 2004
Your << Na its not that really.. Thanks for the help but this exchange is useless- got the help I wanted elsewhere >> was pretty insulting to all who tried to help you — so your apology was the only one that was needed.

Thank you for posting it.
Y
YuseckiArt
Jun 10, 2004
I took offence to being told my computer is too slow when it is not- its is theoretically capable of running photoshop and does so very well indeed. Thats was a mild thing

The part that I am completely insulted abotu was this;

"this exchange is useless because your contribution is useless"

My contribution (in this post) was not useless. I gave the information that the alert message gave me AND also information on my computer- what more could I give that would really help my querie be answered? You must understand, the comment on the exchange was made at a time (which has applied for a long time and still does now) when I was completely enfuriated with Adobes website, most specifically its forums and exchange. I realise this has nothing to do with the people here who tried to ‘help’ me and it was "my bad" so to speak but I feel being told I am useless is quite insulting.

Next, Romans post came up (by now I was trying to, once again, clear up the situation and maybe in the process gave some respect for the people in the forums);

" It was frustrating enough trying to help you with the little information you provided. Now you are being condescending to the very people who tried to help you. And you have the nerve to talk about being polite?

You have made a spectacle of yourself.
"
Spectacle? Personal insult.
little information? WHAT MORE COULD I GIVE??
Condescending? I couldn’t condescend if I was given a stool to stand on! Nerve… poilte? No nerve, just trying to be a human being in a world of 10110’s

I guess that I cannot state my case or recieve any apology over the net as conducting conversation over text is mostly certainly a difficult task.

I must say, I am not angry as such, more.. Baffled. Please, do not take me for an angry person or whom doesn’t appreciate your help. Just take me for who I am- a person who uses photoshop day to day and one day had a problem that they weren’t quite sure what to do and recieved a round off being told they were useless and that they didn’t provide enough information in return.

……….What information could I have provided that I didn’t? I would kinda like to know, for future reference. Becausee in the past when I’ve had such problems I have provided the details like the ones I gave here and well… That was enough. So what else could I have said?… *looks deeply thoughtful and wanders back to photoshop*
B
Buko
Jun 10, 2004
The part that I am completely insulted abotu was this;

"this exchange is useless because your contribution is useless"

Uh! who said the exchange was useless first??

Don’t you think you insulted the first people that tried help you when you made that comment.

you just have bad social skills. I’m sure it’s a product of your enviroment.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 10, 2004
I know it’s mine….

I was born a poor black child.
P
progress
Jun 10, 2004
what are you now?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 10, 2004
Michael Jackson.
Y
YuseckiArt
Jun 11, 2004
Yea true I do have bad social skills. Ahwell nevermind, I’ll keep on trying. As I presist I find I fail to have ‘social skills’ much less- so I guess its worth the endurance. πŸ™‚

"Suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hop, and hope does not disappoint us"
Don’t know if that quotes true or not but it certainly gets me thinking

Not sure about the enviroment thing. Do you know my enviroment? I doubt it. Its a good one, a very good one indeed. I know where my flaws are in me and I strive to cure them (or rather make them less of a ‘big thing’) the question is, do you?
P
progress
Jun 12, 2004
Mike has a padded enviroment…for its and his benefit.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections