Help ?! PS 7 Crashing! – Could not load the colorbook because there is not enough RAM !!!

SL
Posted By
Sam_Logitech
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay…

I have a new 1.25Ghz G4 titanum laptop running the latest vers. of Panther with 1.25 Gigs of RAM.

I work on large Box files. 150-400 Megs avg.
This problem only started last week. I’ve been able to create, open, and edit these large PSD files just fine, and have been for about a month, until just a few days ago. Many contain DCS channels with spot colors.

Last week I was openning a file… 211 Megs, that I created just weeks before. Now when I try to open the file I get this message:

" Could not load the colorbook because there is not enough RAM " !!!

And then it crashes Photoshop 7 on my system every time. I’ve tried changing the amount of RAM Photoshop can use in the preferences panel and that doesn’t do squat. I am still able to open some larger PSD files with the same sort of data, but not these particular previous versions.

I’ve run disk Utilities on my machine and even zapped the PRAM, but nothing helps… Any suggestions ??? Any and all help is greatly appreciated… 🙂

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GB
g_ballard
May 10, 2004
try adding

cox

to your search here

also

cras h
troub leshoot

if that’s not it
VW
Vancouver_Workstation
May 10, 2004
Cryptic…

I don’t quite understand this recent reply ??
GB
g_ballard
May 10, 2004
Sorry 🙂

Go here:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?126@@.ee6b362>

Check "Search forum messages only under the current forum or topic thread (Photoshop Macintosh)"

Type in: cox color book
Chris Cox is an Adobe engineer

+++++
One thing about this place is SEARCH key words can usually get you back to work quicker than waiting on a magic bullet, how to tutorial troubleshoot crash freeze lockup corrupt fonts corruption haxies uninstall purge reinstall trash preferences install fails fix solution Adobe Photoshop … to name a few key search words for flaky flakey unstable 6 7 8 CS Panther Jaguar 10.2 10.3 Tiger 10.4 new user account doesn’t not clear.

<http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshootpurgepsd.html>
VW
Vancouver_Workstation
May 10, 2004
Okay… now I’m in the thread. I guess I just wait for a decent response to the question.

I’ve read about deleting the swatch profile, but that doesn’t seem like the best route ?! Any ideas why these files would go corrupt? If that is the case…
GB
g_ballard
May 10, 2004
Sorry, again, I don’t know the answer…I recall Cox has recently addressed your problem most succinctly a number of times?
VW
Vancouver_Workstation
May 10, 2004
G Ballard… Thanks for the response and link…

Yes, Cox talks about it, but doesn’t really resolve the issue. It turns out that my file wasn’t corrupt (as some suspect), but indeed the swatch preference was bad somehow… I deleted it and everything seems well for now. Guess I’ll just have to keep an eye out for this one. Still wondering why this would happen…

But for the most part. Problem resolved, thanks to the link in your profile page. 🙂

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections