JE
Posted By
Jeffrey Ellis
Dec 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I spent quite a bit of time sorting out how I wanted to point to an Epson R300 for some CD inserts I had done in PS CS2. I went through the print with preview dialog, and all the color management settings there. Then I clicked Print. That took me to a standard System Print dialog, where Epson was set to Epson Vivid under Color management.

Ok. Which is followed, PS’s dialog or the System’s? If the System’s what settings should I use?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Dec 21, 2006
Jeffrey,

No; after clicking the Print button in Print with Preview, what you see next is the Epson Printer Driver dialog box.

There are several settings there which you need to pay attention to. The pop-up menus there will show you the many panels of this Driver dialog window, one at a time.

This will get you started:

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>

Follow the instructions therein to the letter.
R
Ram
Dec 21, 2006
There is also one excellent Quick Time video tutorial you should watch on Russell Brown’s page:

<http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html>

Scroll down to:

* Adobe Photoshop Printing Episode 1
JE
Jeffrey Ellis
Dec 21, 2006
Hi, Ramón–

Thanks very much. 🙂

Well, I’ve done several test prints, and the main thing I’m seeing is streaks all through the pictures. I have replaced all the ink cartridges with brand new ones, checked the nozzles, everything. This seems to be coming from… PS???

Anyway — while I’m watching Russell Brown — (always a more enjoyable task then printing!) have you ever heard of this before?

Thanks again.
R
Ram
Dec 21, 2006
have you ever heard of this before?

😀

Often. 🙂

There can be many causes for that, starting with the most obvious one: printing on the wrong side of the paper.

A broken color management can also do that. Misaligned nozzles (different from clogged nozzles). Dirty rollers. Wrong or broken profiles. Wrong paper. Mismatched paper/ink/printer/profile combinations, etc.

Photoshop WILL NOT cause that.

Have you posted links to screen shots of your color and print settings?

Do read GB’s web site carefully. If you follow those instructions, you’ll be fine. Here’s the link again:

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>
JE
Jeffrey Ellis
Dec 21, 2006
Hi, Ramón–

These tutorials were absolutely fascinating (and fun) — thank you.

But more than that, I have to thank you for alleviating my panic. I have two days to finish this project — and I thought the streaks would kill me.

But by following these tutorials — all is now well. I believe I had simply not chosen the correct paper in the Epson dialog.

In any case — I am extremely grateful.

All My Best,
Jeffrey
R
Ram
Dec 21, 2006
Great! You’re welcome, Jeffrey.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections