HS
Posted By
Hopelessly_Screwed
Feb 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been working on a small print advertisement that is 1.75" x 1.5" at 300dpi. While designing the ad, Elements provides a great view, but when the Print Preview utility is selected, the preview is so small as to be useless. Is there anyway to view the print preview at a larger size; maybe 200% or 400%?

My problem is that I am working on a notebook not connected to a printer, so I have no idea if the ad will be legible at the actual print size. The preview window provides an image that is maybe 1/3 the actual size, so its of little use.

Is there any other work-around that I’m not thinking of? Some other software that provides a realistic print preview of my final JPG image file, perhaps?

thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Feb 8, 2004
lex125,

If you have the magnifier glass selected in the Tool Box, look just above the image workarea and you’ll see three boxes; actual pixels, fit to screen and print size. Click on the print size and this will give a fair approximation of your document/image.

The print preview is used for checking the alignment of an image on the paper you will print on.
HS
Hopelessly_Screwed
Feb 8, 2004
Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections