Why does image quality change when I save?

PO
Posted By
Pamela_Ocampo
Nov 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m saving by the "Save For Web" option, but if I go to "Save As…," I get the same thing.

Len, yes the color darkens for some reason. I also noticed that when I take a screenshot and paste it into a new canvas, the colors of the task bar and window titles look lightened, but when I save they look normal.

So, is it Photoshop that’s making my images lighter? Is there anyway to make it show colors as they will be when I save?

Where exactly do I change the proof colors? I see "Color Settings" under Edit and I’ve played with some of the options but non seem to make a difference.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Nov 5, 2006
Hey Pamela?

Just for future reference, could you please use one of the image hosting services, such as <http://www.pixentral.com> if you need to display large images?

Anything over about 715 px wide breaks the forum’s formatting.

Plus, horizontal scrolling is just kind of annoying.

Thanks!
L
LenHewitt
Nov 5, 2006
Pamela,

Where exactly do I change the proof colors?<<

You haven’t said which version of of Photoshop you are running, but in CS and CS2 you will find that under the View menu.
PO
Pamela_Ocampo
Nov 6, 2006
Len, thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. Now I can pick my colors how I want them to be before saving something I didn’t want.

Phos, I’m very sorry. I’ll use the thumbnail link from imageshack next time.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections