newbie: images look better in photoshop than when i save them ?

K
Posted By
konsu
Nov 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello, this is probably a basic thing, but please help. i am new.

my picture looks great in photoshop, but when i save it in to a JPEG and pull into a flash movie, it looks much darker and a little bit wider than in photoshop. how come? how to save it so that it looks the same outside of photoshop. i understand that photoshop does some kind of colour correction when showing pictures, i want the same outside of it! 😉

thank you
konstantin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

A
adobe
Nov 20, 2004
konsu wrote:

Not so basic in fact…

my picture looks great in photoshop, but when i save it in to a JPEG and pull into a flash movie, it looks much darker and a little bit wider than in photoshop. how come? how to save it so that it looks the same outside of photoshop. i understand that photoshop does some kind of colour correction when showing pictures, i want the same outside of it! 😉

I am afraid what you ask is impossible unless every program other than Photoshop uses embedded Color profiles!

This is what I suggest you do about the "dark colour" problem.

Try this: Go to "Colour Settings" and Choose a different setting For example:
"Europe General purpose Defaults"
"North American General purpose Defaults"
"Web Graphics Defaults"

The default colour profile for RGB will then be "sRGB"

Then you can open your old jpeg and CONVERT them to the new colourprofile (if your not sure keep copies) if you simply ASSIGN the profile they will probably look darker than you expect.

All your RGB jpegs will be then be saved with the sRGB profile embedded.

From my experience the sRGB profile is the one that looks most similar to the rest of the computer world.

Hope this helps! Colour profiles is a much larger and fascinating world…

First take the hat off. Then we can talk!
NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Nov 20, 2004
konsu wrote:

Disable colour management.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
T
tacitr
Nov 20, 2004
my picture looks great in photoshop, but when i save it in to a JPEG and pull into a flash movie, it looks much darker and a little bit wider than in photoshop. how come?

Photoshop does "color management." It knows the color characteristics of your monitor, it knows the color profile of the image, then it *changes the color you see on screen* to match the monitor profile and color profile.

Other programs do not do color management. They do not adjust the color on your screen to compensate for differences in different monitors, and they do not understand color profiles.

To see your image in Photoshp the way it will look in other programs, disable color management in Photoshop. For more information, read the chapter on Color Management in your manual.

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections