Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Product: Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Trial version
O/S: Windows 98
Colors: TrueColor(32-bit)
Screen Area: 1024×768

All the layers aren’t saved as images when I perform a "Save for Web". Only some of them appear if I review the html file in Dreamweaver or view the images produced in the "images" folder that was created.

Instead the html file has large white areas (or spacers) where the layers of text or images were in the psd file. Some of them export to images, but not all.

The psd file looks great, but as soon as it’s saved for the web, not everything gets converted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Jeff

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 14, 2004
layers aren’t supported in any of the web formats (gif, png or jpg)
JK
Jeff_Kovach
Jun 14, 2004
Actually, I found out that the "image" layers are saving as image files, but text layers are not saving as html text. So, when I open it in a html editor such as Dreamweaver, I see the file with all the images where they should be, but the text is missing from the page and replaced by spacer images.

After clicking on "Save For Web" I see a preview of page with slices everywhere. If I double-click on a text slice, the slice options I have for text is: Slice Type = No Image, and "Text is HTML" is checked.

With this in mind, I should see the text in the html file. It’s gone, I only see the images in place.

Jeff
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 14, 2004
ah. slices are not the same as layers. you confused me there. 🙂 no it doesn’t convert image text (stuff you type with the type tool in photoshop) to html text. when you save for web, the entire image is "rasterized". that is, turned to an image with a single layer, or multiple images if you have slices defined. you need to leave space and add your text in html. i think it’s created spaces for you in the table it creates (that IS html) to insert your text. you still need to do that after ps, in your html editor.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections