Re: How do I identify properties for saved image?

BH
Posted By
Beth Haney
Jul 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re asking, so a couple of different ideas come to me.

First, are you checking the size, resolution, etc. under Image>Resize>Image Size? That will give you the physical dimensions and resolution of the saved image currently open on the desktop.

You could also open the Elements Browser to display the folder in which you have the saved images stored. Under More in the upper right corner of the Browser window, click Expanded View. That will give you more information about it than you want, probably.

And when you say the new images are larger than the old – is that when they’re printed or viewed on the monitor? If when they’re viewed on the monitor – you aren’t looking at them at a different level of magnification, are you?

Some more specific examples would be helpful if none of my ideas are worth the time it took to type them! 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections