CD
Posted By
Chris_Dengler
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry for my stupid questions… I have one .PSD doc and I’m adding the layers from another .PSD file… but when I add the layers from one to the other, the colors of the one I’m moving changes slightly to a lighter, different color? Any clue why?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 20, 2004
Different profiles in the two documents most likely (and/or different color modes).
CD
Chris_Dengler
Aug 23, 2004
How to change this?
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 23, 2004
What you have to check, is that both PSD files are in the same color space. This will be indicated in the title bar of each image indicating a color space mismatch with an asterisk (*) or that there is no color profile assigned to one of the images as indicated by a pound sign (#). That would account for differences because as you bring a layer in from one color space, you will see it in a new color space.

If the color spaces are different, you can can convert the source image to the color space of the destination image temporarily, and then drag your layer over – Image|Mode|Convert…

Another thing to check is whether they are both RGB images, also indicated in title bar. For example, one image may say "RGB" and the other might say "CMYK". This would also account for color differences, but is not so easily fixed. You can temporarily convert a CMYK image to RGB (Image|Mode|RGB), but it may not produce the correct/desired color.

So without knowing more about your images, it’s hard to say what you’ll have to do to fix them – but the first thing to check is whether they have the same color profile or whether they are the same Mode (RGB v. CMYK).

Peace,
Tony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections