LC
Posted By
Loren_Counce
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop Elements has worked fine for a long time. Suddenly if I change an image and attempt to save the changed image as a jpg file, the usual jpg screen asking for what size (quality) file etc no longer comes up, the screen blinks once then nothing happens. When I click on the "File" heading everything is blanked out and the program has frozen.

I haven’t installed any new programs or made any changes that I am aware of.

Windows XP with automatic updating installed. Fairly new computer with way more than minimum requirements. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Elements. Same problem. Uninstalled again including removing shared files, Reinstalled Elements but same problem.

I can save the revised files in Tiff but not Jpg.

Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
Jim_J
May 5, 2005
Try deleting the adobe folders before reinstalling. The problem may be in your preferences. What version are you using?

Cheers
CW
Colin_Walls
May 5, 2005
The first thing to try is always reset prefs. Hold down CTRL/ALT/SHIFT as you start the program and accept the dialog.
R
Roy
May 6, 2005
wrote in message
My Photoshop Elements has worked fine for a long time. Suddenly if I change an image and attempt to save the changed image as a jpg file, the usual jpg screen asking for what size (quality) file etc no longer comes up, the screen blinks once then nothing happens. When I click on the "File" heading everything is blanked out and the program has frozen.
I haven’t installed any new programs or made any changes that I am aware of.

Windows XP with automatic updating installed. Fairly new computer with way more than minimum requirements. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Elements. Same problem. Uninstalled again including removing shared files, Reinstalled Elements but same problem.

I can save the revised files in Tiff but not Jpg.

Any ideas?

Hi

The obvious one is, are there any Layers open?

Roy G

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections