could someone here explain what exactly the CS3 beta is?

GL
Posted By
glenn_losack
Dec 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have CS2 and have activated this latest version. So?
Is this a 30 day trial?
Is this what the actual product will look like?
Are there things missing here that are coming later in spring? What is the reason to put this out now?
Should i not use CS2 anymore?
Is there a manual for CS3?
I just dont understand its purpose?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AR
alan_ruta
Dec 19, 2006
What is the CS3 beta? Personal opinion here–its adobes way of greasing the wheels to get everyone to pay for yet another grade.

Sure there are useful things but…

alan
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Dec 19, 2006
Think of it as a public beta. The license is good ‘until well after the final boxed version of CS3 is released’ according to Adobe spokesmen. Yes, there are some more ‘things’ which haven’t been included in this beta. I haven’t heard anyone speculate what they are. People are too busy exploring and testing the new tools to which we’ve been introduced.

Personally I’m going to keep using it for the speed on my MacPro and the new features, smart filters, new selection tricks, Zoomify, better cloning/healing options, enhanced vanishing point and so forth. Others will be using it for the advanced Camera RAW and new Bridge. For me, the biggest reason not to use it is that I own dozens of specialized plugins which won’t work until they are rewritten.

There is no manual but there are lots of free tutorials such as the series by Deke McClelland on Lynda.com.

I doubt there is a specific purpose for the early beta release but rather there are many of them from stimulating interest in the upcoming version and supporting the inevitable Mac professional migration to MacIntel, to letting people discover the few remaining bugs and issues in order to have a more perfected final release.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections