GH
Posted By
Grass_Hopper
May 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just received my Creative Suite 3 Design Premium version. I wanted to follow all the suggestions about de-activating and then uninstalling. BUT, when I tried to load up the beta, I realize that I am a day late and a dollar short and the beta license has expired. Will that present any issues for me if I only use the uninstall in the Add/Remove programs option?

I must say, the CS3 Cleaning Script scares me! 😉 Telling me: WARNING: Before running the CS3Clean Script, it is critical that you back up your hard drive including all data, content, software programs, etc. Failure to do so, and failure to follow the instructions below, could result in a loss of the contents of your hard drive. doesn’t exactly give me warm, fuzzy feelings!

thanks for any help,
hopper

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
May 10, 2007
hi gh. i forgot to deactivate the beta, apparently it’s not a problem.

also the clean script readme file says NOT to run it if simply uninstalling the beta works.

that said, i’d uninstall flash player 8 if it’s on your system. that seems to be becoming a common thread in install failures.
GH
Grass_Hopper
May 10, 2007
hey dave,

flash player, as in the plugin or are you suggesting that I fully uninstall my Studio MX software too??
DM
dave_milbut
May 10, 2007
hmm… good question. search this forum for flash 8 to confirm. seems in the last couple of days it’s been a fix that’s cured several install problems. i THINK it’s the player, but i could be wrong there…
DM
dave_milbut
May 10, 2007
seems like flash player 8 gh… here’s one sample msg:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3b101/143>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections