Posted By
chris_farrell
Dec 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey Everyone…..

I installed these a few days back (15th) and while they are improved overall I am starting to have system instability….BSOD 0x00000024 / 0x0000001E, warm boots before the login screen, and weird behavior like the NTFS file system not working ( causing corrupt saves ), superfetch shutting down, Photoshop minimizing – maximising then windows shutting down……..Odd

A virus is not out of the question but before I reformat etc I was wondering if the Beta Wacom drivers has caused any issues on other systems. Looking at the reliability records the graph is pointing downward exactly at and after the date I installed the drivers.

Just troubleshooting….thanks in advance.

OS Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
CPU intel q9650 3ghz
Motherboard Asus p5q deluxe
Memory 16gb (4x4gb) OCZ PC6400 C5
Graphics Card Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb
Sound Card on board
Monitor(s) Displays Eizo CG301w, Dell 2407
Screen Resolution 2560 x 1600 + 1920 x1200
Keyboard apple slim aluminum jobbie
Mouse intellimouse
PSU ocz 600w
Case coolermaster stacker
Cooling many fans
Hard Drives Raptor 74gb, Raptor 150gb, 500gb x2, 320gb.
Other Info Wacom A3 tablet, Epson 3800

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Expert_Here
Dec 30, 2008
<>

How do you figure that? Not that I’m surprised that people tend to say "great stuff, but…(all hell broke loose)" all the time. Free + crap seem not to bother the internet crowds.
CF
chris_farrell
Dec 30, 2008
wow!!!….thanks for your input…….Expert??????

Anyone with something useful to say?
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 30, 2008
uninstall the beta wacom drivers and reinstall the latest stable ones… see if things get stable again.
CF
chris_farrell
Dec 30, 2008
Thanks Dave….I tried that this morning and so far so good….I will push the system and wait and see if it crashes.

I ran the vista sfc /scannow and system integrity verification is good with no problems.
AR
Anthony.Ralph
Dec 30, 2008
I installed these drivers and had a few minor problems. Then I realised in the excitement I had just installed over the previous version. Once I removed all Wacom drivers and re-booted, I installed the 610-6 drivers and all functions are working well.

A case of mea culpa…

Anthony.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 30, 2008
since they were beta drivers, i’ll bet that wacom would be interested in hearing about your experience chris!
CF
chris_farrell
Dec 30, 2008
agreed…I’ll drop them an email.

Although the problems may not be related to the Wacom driver they might be interested – just in case.

Dare I say the system seems fine now.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 30, 2008
no. you dare not say it (out loud)! 🙂
CF
chris_farrell
Dec 30, 2008
Oooops……[backtrack]say what? 🙂
FN
Fred_Nirque
Dec 30, 2008
All I got was a return to a thing similar to a previous driver update which had the dialog "The tablet is not working" (or similar) dialog popping up at boot time – of course the tablet was working fine. Betas usually suck in some way or other.

Going back to 610-5 (after fully uninstalling Wacom everything) fixed the nag.
DN
David_Nicol
Dec 31, 2008
I got an Intuos 3 for Hannukah, to replace my Intuos 2. When I set it up I also installed the 610-6 driver, and all hell broke loose when using Photoshop: straight lines only, no pressure sensitivity, even more lag than the already terrible lag in PS CS4.

But I had installed it on top of my previous drivers (as Wacom recommends), which was 610-3 or something. So I totally uninstalled all Wacom drivers, then reinstalled 610-6, and now (so far) everything is smooth as silk.
CF
chris_farrell
Dec 31, 2008
The wacom device has worked flawlessly, btw……But, I had another BSOD tonight and I have reinstalled Vista – the same problems are still there, same BSOD and services stopping at random on a totally clean system witn no software or drivers installed……I think Wacom is NOT the issue here.

Perhaps, it’s a corrupt file somewhere on one of my other drives…..CHKDSKing them to see…..such a pain….

A new Code came up during install 0x00000034……RAM??????
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 31, 2008
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793615.aspx>

more specifics at link

Bug Check 0x34: CACHE_MANAGER

The CACHE_MANAGER bug check has a value of 0x00000034. This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system’s cache manager.
CF
chris_farrell
Dec 31, 2008
Thanks Dave……It turned out to be a dodgy Ram stick….D’oh.

So many issues from something soooooo simple.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections