MP
Posted By
Michael_P._Mills
Dec 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I did like I was told and download the beta version of PS3, and they want a serial number, of course stupid me I entered the serial number of my PS2, and of course that number is invalid. I can’t find anything that tells me what number to enter, the email I received from Adobe, mentions nothing of a serial number. As usual nothing!!! Extremely frustrating.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Dec 19, 2006
You have to use your CS2 number to get a new number.
Look at getting started>#2.
<http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs3/>
B
Buko
Dec 19, 2006
Can we add a permanent link at the top of this page to the CS3 Beta forums?
FO
Forums_Operations
Dec 19, 2006
It is already listed in the gray box at the top of the topic list.
B
Buko
Dec 19, 2006
I swear I looked and missed it.
JM
John McWilliams
Dec 19, 2006
It’s very easy to miss. I wouldn’t have found it but for being told it was there.

Perhaps it should be listed also in the shortcuts, and a bit more notice being given, at least short term.
B
Buko
Dec 20, 2006
BIG RED LETTERS IN ALL CAPS 72pt TYPE
L
Larryr544
Dec 20, 2006
I was given a serial number on the adobe web site but it doesn’t work. I don’t have an email from adobe, should I have one?

Also PS asks for a name and a password. What name do I use. My name, my screen name or my user name? When it rejects my CS3 password it changes name to username.

Customer service was of no help.

Thanks!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 20, 2006
They seem to want your "Adobe ID" which appears to be tied to your e-mail "User’s" name — the first part of the e-mail address that you were using when you first registered an Adobe account.

And the Password is your Adobe Account Password.
L
Larryr544
Dec 20, 2006
Thanks Ann that worked.
JR
Joe_Reale
Dec 22, 2006
I have to say I love it so far. What was done with the palettes is pretty close to what I’ve kinda wanted for awhile. And I also like what was done to the tool palette. And the way Bridge can be arranged… most cool!

Now as for the demo and serial number. Does the serial number have to be only from the full version or can the number from the upgrades work too. I ask this because my demo only lasted two days because the serial number I have on the upgrade CD doesn’t work.

The full version that I have a serial number is PS 5.5 and I can’t find the CD case that has the number for 5.5. I was really enjoying the beta and would like to give it a spin for more than two days. If there’s no way then I’ll have to wait until it’s finally out. I plan on getting it as soon as it’s available.
B
Buko
Dec 22, 2006
Joe you didn’t follow the instructions.

Use your CS2 number to get you Beta Number
DG
Dave_Gatley
Dec 29, 2006
Love the Beta version, but no longer seem to have my 3rd party Plug-Ins available in either PS3 or PS2. They seem to have been stripped out of both. FYI – Mac Platform: MacBook Pro 17, I’m guessing that it is an Intel Universal Binary Issue in both cases.

Any solutions out there, or should I just wait for the upgrades? TX – Happy New Year!
R
Ram
Dec 30, 2006
Your third-party plug-ins should work fine with Photoshop CS2 (9.0.2), as always —unless you moved them or deleted them.

They will not work with CS3 running natively until they are re-written for Universal Binary; but you can run them with CS3 if you set CS3 to run in Rosetta, which defeats the purpose of the Universal Binary code.

Check the CS3beta forum: CLICK HERE < http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm? forumid=72&catid=626&entercat=y>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections