CE
Posted By
Catherine_Elliot
Dec 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just upgraded to Tiger on my machine. Now, when I open Photoshop, I get the message" One or more files in the Adobe Application Support folder, necessary for running Photoshop are missing.Please run the Photoshop Installer, and re-install Photoshop. Then I get the message Could not complete the command because Photoshop was unable to find the Java Script Plugin. However, Photoshop does open after that, and seems to function fine! I have moved recently, and of course, I have no idea where my install disks are! Is it really necessary to reinstall the program–although that message is really annoying. BTW, I do have a backup of my old system–so could I find the necessary files on the old system?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 10, 2006
Just do this:
Scott Weichert, "Double-click/Drag-&-drop Photoshop files opens application but not file or I get a message saying that some files in Application Support are missing and I have to reinstall. (Photoshop CS/CS2)" #, 29 Dec 2003 1:45 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14>
Then reboot your Mac.

There is actually a Link "double-clicking or dragging/dropping does not open a file" (highlighted in RED!) to this FAQ, at the top of the Photoshop Forum page.

8/
JM
John McWilliams
Dec 10, 2006
wrote:
I have just upgraded to Tiger on my machine. Now, when I open Photoshop, I get the message" One or more files in the Adobe Application Support folder, necessary for running Photoshop are missing.Please run the Photoshop Installer, and re-install Photoshop. Then I get the message Could not complete the command because Photoshop was unable to find the Java Script Plugin. However, Photoshop does open after that, and seems to function fine! I have moved recently, and of course, I have no idea where my install disks are! Is it really necessary to reinstall the program–although that message is really annoying. BTW, I do have a backup of my old system–so could I find the necessary files on the old system?

I’d delete the Prefs. file, after saving it in case that doesn’t do it, and you want your settings back.

john mcwilliams
CE
Catherine_Elliot
Dec 10, 2006
I did see an alternative (I think) to reinstalling, posted by Anne Shelbourne. But I didn’t really understand it. She said to copy the Adobe Unit Types into: <Panther volume>/Library/ScriptingAdditions/
–why should I copy them to the Panther volume? They are already there!And will that keep me from having to reinstall, since I cannot find my install disk?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 11, 2006
"Panther volume" just means your TIGER System HD! (The FAQ was written back in the days when we were all still using Panther!).

And yes, that file MUST be present in that location on your HD. <Macintosh HD>/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types

But how have you managed to lose the CD of such expensive software?!

Provided that you did register it with Adobe and it is the current version (CS2), you can call Customer Service to get help with getting a replacement.
B
Buko
Dec 11, 2006
I just fixed it Ann.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 11, 2006
Great!

Actually, we really need to add a comment about re-booting because the script doesn’t appear to become available until you do so.

<< Another solution courtesy Ann Shelbourne

Open your Previous System folder.
Find "Adobe Unit Types".
Copy it into: <Your current system Hard Drive>/Library/ScriptingAdditions/

Then reboot your Mac.

B
Buko
Dec 11, 2006
Done
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 11, 2006
Thank you muchly!

🙂
B
Buko
Dec 11, 2006
You are welcome.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections