GD
Posted By
Glenn_Davy
May 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have my problem of the error message when opening Image Ready CS again, and really have no idea why it’s happening. I guess I’m going to try an uninstall, then reinstall of Photoshop CS completely. My question is, since I just installed the program a couple of weeks ago, will there be any activation/reactivation problems if I do complete a reinstall so soon after the initial installation?

Thanks!

Glenn

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mick_Murphy
May 23, 2004
You should not have any problems. I don’t remember if reinstalling requires reactivation but, even if it does, it is no problem if it is on the same machine. I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Win XP on my laptop (2nd PSCS machine) and had no problem reactivating.
GD
Glenn_Davy
May 23, 2004
Thank you Mick. Appreciate your time :-).

Glenn
CW
Colin_Walls
May 23, 2004
Are you sure that a reset prefs isn’t all you need?
GD
Glenn_Davy
May 23, 2004
Hi Colin,
Yeah, pretty sure. I’ve done reset prefs about a dozen times now. What seems to be happening is once I’ve done the reset prefs in both PS and IR, IR opens ok. However, as soon as I do a project in PS, and even if I shut it down then reboot the program and/or computer, IR comes back with that error message. From what I can tell, doing something in Photoshop causes some sort of problem in IR’s starting routine. Now, all that being said, once I dismiss the error message, it "appears" to work fine (I’ve not really used IR enough to know for sure though). It’s a bit of an oddity, but that’s why I wondered if somehow one of the files got corrupted which might be causing this. Since I’m not seeing other people posting with a similar problem, I have to believe it is something specific to my setup and/or installation.

I’ll hold off until late tomorrow before I do anything in case someone comes up with a solution. By the by, since this is a different thread to my original description, I’ll repost the error here. When I try to boot up IR, either by itself or from the link in Photoshop CS, I get an error message that reads: "Could not parse the file contents as a data set. An unknown error has occurred." Unfortunately, I have no clue as to what file they are talking about, but as I say, it is a routine it is trying to run on boot up.

Thanks Colin, appreciate your input.

Glenn

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections