BB
Posted By
brent_bertram
Aug 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here is a Knowledge Base link that looks promising. Hope it helps. <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328517.html>

🙂

Brent

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KM
Krystyna_Manson
Aug 29, 2004
Thank you very much for the advice, the article helped me to get the program reloaded and it is all working fine except for the Help menu which tries to open with AOL and will not open – but this I can live without as long as the rest of it is working OK!

Thanks again

Krystyna
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 29, 2004
Krystyna, you can probably get the Help files up and running again, too, since I assume you really do have a copy of IE on your computer. Go to Start>Control Panel>Pick a Control Panel>Internet Options>Programs. There should be a box toward the bottom of the screen that has a checkmark next to the sentence "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser." If the box is already checked, try unchecking it, back out of that screen, and then go back to the Start menu and go in again and replace the checkmark. Setting IE to your default browser should allow you to open Help files without disturbing your online access through AOL.
KM
Krystyna_Manson
Aug 30, 2004
Thanks for the reply Beth – for some reason my Internet Options doesn’t have a Programs tab and I can’t seem to find another way of setting Internet Explorer as my default browser.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections