TO
Posted By
Tom_O_Connell
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Cd finally arrived. Is there any extra stuff on the CD? Should I reinstall using the CD or just enter the serial numbers???

thanks,

Tom O’Connell

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JH
Jason_Haynes
May 29, 2005
If you purchased the full version you’ll need to uninstall the trial and install from the retail CD. There is no option to input a serial number into the trial version.
DM
dave_milbut
May 29, 2005
I think there is with CS2 jason, i haven’t confirmed that though…
JH
Jason_Haynes
May 29, 2005
I am basing my knowledge on CS, so you may be right Dave. Seems to me that would be a negative move for Adobe considering their aggressive stance against piracy, helpful as it may be for law abiding customers.
BL
Bob Levine
May 29, 2005
You still have to activate it.

Bob
I
ID._Awe
May 29, 2005
Yes you can enter your serial number into the trial version and then activate.
TO
Tom_O_Connell
May 30, 2005
Thanks. I CAN enter the serial numbers. I’m just wondering if there is any value to reloading from the CD? Is there any extra stuff there???

thanks again,

tom
BL
Bob Levine
May 30, 2005
Any extra stuff would like be on the CD in a goodies folder. That said, I don’t know for sure. Best thing to do would be to check.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
May 30, 2005
or just go ahead and load the cd. i’d’ve flipped out with impatience if i’d’ve waited as long as you before loading it!
TO
Tom_O_Connell
May 30, 2005
Bummer … bad news for trial users.

You CANNOT enter the serial number from a CD in the trial "serial number activation box".

you must uninstall the trial and reinstall the cd version which has it’s own method of entering the CD serial number. Then you must reinstall the updates…bridge and raw converter…and maybe some of the addons…not sure about that yet.

My advice is to either use the trial and then pay for it online and activate that way or buy the CD and wait for it before installing at all. BTW, very interesting… there is an option on the CD to install a trial version ????? duh…

thanks for helping me sort this out.

Tom O’Connell

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections