TS
Posted By
Tim_Sjogren
Nov 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently purchased a new Mac Pro (4GB RAM) and am running into all kinds of problems when I attempt to print to my Epson R1800. Most the time, after sending a document to print, I will get an error message that says "Could not print "file name" because of a program error". Occasionally, I can get a smaller file to go through, but most of the time I get an error message. Adobe support was not helpful – any ideas? The only way I have found to work around is to print to PDF and then send to printer, but this can be a huge pain with very large print files. Any help at all is appreciated!

THANKS!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GE
grey_egg
Nov 14, 2006
In article ,
wrote:

I recently purchased a new Mac Pro (4GB RAM) and am running into all kinds of problems when I attempt to print to my Epson R1800. Most the time, after sending a document to print, I will get an error message that says "Could not print "file name" because of a program error". Occasionally, I can get a smaller file to go through, but most of the time I get an error message. Adobe support was not helpful – any ideas? The only way I have found to work around is to print to PDF and then send to printer, but this can be a huge pain with very large print files. Any help at all is appreciated!
THANKS!

Do you have the Intel driver found here?

< http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_ UseBVCookie= es&oid=14121&prodoid=53540919&infoType=Downloads &platform=Macintosh > —
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." – H. L. Mencken, in the Baltimore Sun, July 26, 1920.

Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections